PC Gamers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lason View Post
    The sound of the fans vs the reference fans? I run the new ones at 100% full time and I hear the Noctua before I hear the Arctic coolers. I probably shouldnt run them like that but they are so damn quiet.
    wow!

Comment

Oh here is another Heaven11 benchmark with tessalation on this time.
      Last edited by Lason; 12-23-2011, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Oh here is another Heaven11 benchmark with tessalation on this time.
        I'd love to see a BF3 screen shot with your graphics turned all the way up.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Ill snap a couple tonight. I dont think it will look much different than the ones posted in the bf3 thread though other than the eyefinity format. Bf3 fisheyes real bad on the side screens though.

Sent from LG Thrill using Tapatalk

Comment

Ill snap a couple tonight. I dont think it will look much different than the ones posted in the bf3 thread though other than the eyefinity format. Bf3 fisheyes real bad on the side screens though.

Sent from LG Thrill using Tapatalk
            I probably need to take a closer look at some of the pics Roliath posted. I'm itching to build a bad ass gaming rig... but my wallet doesn't want me too
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Yeah my wallet is pretty light these days. In all honesty, if BF3 is your thing then save the $$$ and run a couple 6970's or a single 6990 and one monitor. BF3 HATES eyefinity!

I had hell for about an hour last night after I put my second card back in trying to get that BF3 benchmark because yesterday morning I played online and turned eyefinity off so I could see who was friendly and who wasnt (names dont appear on eyefinity for some reason). Well I was trying to benchmark in eyefinity but only my center monitor would work in BF3, when I went to settings its was blank. Long story short, I had to unplug my monitors and plug them back in while BF3 was running in just the right order for the options menu to appear then I could set the resolution to 5780x1080 and my side monitors turned back on. It was an epic pain in my ass and I thought I was having hardware issues for a second.

Anyway, crysis runs eyefinity fine and so does everything else........except BF3. This is where consoles kick ass, not having to mess with drivers and all this BS. Shit works straight out of the box like its supposed to.

Comment

Yeah my wallet is pretty light these days. In all honesty, if BF3 is your thing then save the $$$ and run a couple 6970's or a single 6990 and one monitor. BF3 HATES eyefinity!

I had hell for about an hour last night after I put my second card back in trying to get that BF3 benchmark because yesterday morning I played online and turned eyefinity off so I could see who was friendly and who wasnt (names dont appear on eyefinity for some reason). Well I was trying to benchmark in eyefinity but only my center monitor would work in BF3, when I went to settings its was blank. Long story short, I had to unplug my monitors and plug them back in while BF3 was running in just the right order for the options menu to appear then I could set the resolution to 5780x1080 and my side monitors turned back on. It was an epic pain in my ass and I thought I was having hardware issues for a second.

Anyway, crysis runs eyefinity fine and so does everything else........except BF3. This is where consoles kick ass, not having to mess with drivers and all this BS. Shit works straight out of the box like its supposed to.
                I've always been an nVidia guy, any recommendation on newer nVidia cards to go with? The last one I bought was a 9800GT, years ago.

Comment

The GTX590 is the newest Nvidia card and is the equivalent of the 6990's I have. Its basically two GTX580's on one card in SLI but the difference is unlike the 6990, the GTX590 underclocks the 580's on the 590. So your getting two gpus on one card but they are turned down. Your best bet is to get two seperate GTX 580's.

One thing is if you read back on the start of this thread, I wanted Nvidia also but after researching it, Nvidia isnt as nice and easy at multi screen as AMD. Between the nvidia surround vs AMD eyefinity and the neutered GTX590 vs AMD 6990 I decided on going AMD. The fan setup sucks on the 6990 though, hence why I changed that up but it adds to the cost.

Cant go wrong either way though I dont think. I dont know much about the older cards, Im sure some of the other guys can help more there.

Comment

Nice Unigine score!

About BF3, are you still running 11.10? Or the new 11.11's and 11.11 cap1's? They have BF3 fixes which solved my eyefinity troubles, I can't stand games that don't support eyefinity properly but in my case BF3 looks great (now, with the new drivers). I was messing around with the campaign yesterday in Eyefinity, no issues here with the new drivers. I did have trouble with 11.10's though.

Also, that's why I went portrait eyefinity, mainly because fisheye is pretty much non-existant and its the same amout of pixels as 5760x1080p. You think maybe down the road you'll invest into an LCD arm mount? I want to for sure, but good ones are pricey for 3 screens.

(another thing, its too early I wish i was back in bed sleeping).

Comment

• I didnt know new drivers are out, Ill deffinetly download them tonight. Im on 11.10 with 11.9 cap 4.

I have been looking at the LCD mounts but really no reason to although portrait may be nice. I have to admit, my neck gets tired of eyefinity lol. My desk is up against a wall and I thought if I do go with mounts it would be cheaper to go with wall mounts from monoprice. They are CHEAP too!

Comment

• What is Eyefinity?

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                          What is Eyefinity?
                          The image is spanned across 3 or more monitors. For example; instead of playing BF3 on one single 1080p monitor, the image is spanned across 3 or more to create a larger res (3x 1080p monitors would equal 5760x1080p).

Comment

• eyefinity and Nvidia surround is playing over multiple monitors. I have 3 24" monitors next to each other. Its different that playing on one big screen because its like periphial vision. Its alot of help in FPS games because you have a wider viewing angle. Here are a couple vids showing BF3 in eyefinity....

Comment

• I had no clue that's exactly what they called that capability.

Comment

• Well it looks like I may be throwing more cash at this damn computer. I played BF3 night before last for a few hours (without it locking up for once) and felt some serious heat coming off the tower. I setup GPU-Z and the GPU's are staying cool 70ish but the vregs are getting stupid hot again. This time it isnt just the top card, they were all going 90-102*. I shut everything down and checked to make sure the screws hadnt loosened up again and they are all still tight. Then it dawned on me, I hadnt been able to play BF3 on eyefinity untill the newest patch so the extra stress is whats causing them to climb.

Played SWTOR all day yesterday on eyefinity and they were all in the 90-100* again. Even got a BSOD and I can only guess it was due to the heat but I could be wrong, it is a beta afterall. I looked up that kitguru review that I posted about these cooler and he had a screenshot in furmark showing the 6990 he tested hitting 102* with the stock cooler on 1920x1080 so maybe this is just normal for these things? Either way, Im seriously thinking about just watercooling it. Sucks though because I have so much money tied up in the arctic coolers and the noctua. Uggg!

Comment

Working...
                                X