Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best BF3 weapons

So what weapons are worth unlocking?

I figured we should put together a good collection of BF3 knowledge to help us out.

In the beta the UMP rocked, apparently now it's nerfed. I like the glock 17 for my sidearm, good mag size, quick fire rate. The 1911 seems fail as they slowed the fire rate considerably.

The Mod 0 works great with the holographic sight.

I use the Kobra sight on my AK and soon my AR because it seems to pull up quicker than the holographic, not sure if anyone else noticed that.

I have the MP412 REX unlocked now, and that was my pistol of choice in BC2, how is it in BF3?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

The MP412 REX is great but only at a very close range from my experience (just started playing with it).

I've been working my way through the Recon & Support class. For support I'm rocking the M249 with fore grip, suppressor, and IR scope. You're thinking "a suppressor on a 249?", YES, it has little recoil and can be easily controlled, plus it's very quiet. IMO you can't beat an IR scope if you're not needing any sort of zoom because day or not it works perfectly. My number of kills has increased since I unlocked the IR scope. I also unlocked mortars which are a blast if you have people helping spot. C4 is another thing I switch out mortars for, mainly to place on a com station to detonate when I hear someone planting. Not only do you get points for the kill but also points for the defend.

For recon I'm rocking the MK11 & the SVD, both with the ballistic scope to be switched out with the holographic sight for cqb. I like the combo because it's almost always a 2 shot kill when it's not a head shot. In addition I use the MAV (micro air vehicle) which is HUGE for spotting guys and helping your team press forward. Venix73 and I made a team quit last night because he had his mortar going and I was spotting everyone trying to make their way towards us.

I haven't played much into Assault but I've unlocked the M416 and love it.

Another weapon I'll switch to is the DAO12 shotgun, it's perfect to run through a hallway just holding the trigger down and mowing through guys.
    Last edited by motoman; 11-01-2011, 12:25 PM.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Engineer... haven't played a single other class yet. 9/12 of the unlocks obtained, just started using the G36C today, amazing gun. No recoil what so ever, reloads terribly fast and sights come up really quick.

I typically rock out the EXPL vest for additional mines and rockets and have found to be really good at hiding explosives for tanks to run over. After throwing down 5 mines the last game I killed two full jeeps (6 soldiers total) all within a couple seconds of each other. I think they were in two collaborating squads and I made out like a point bandit -they were pissed.

I RPG tanks quite often and wait for the engineer to get out so I can unload on him and steal his tank if not occupied. I drive tanks quite a bit as well when I can find a good gunner/driver.

Have not used my sidearm at all (maybe a couple kills) and I knife whenever possible.
      Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
      Baja-Bob.com

Comment

I'm working on unlocking the Pecheneg machine gun, it seems to be pretty heavily used in the support class on the xbox servers. Not sure if it's just faster, less recoil, or what but I typically run into someone with a Pecheneg if they don't have the M249.
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
          Engineer... haven't played a single other class yet. 9/12 of the unlocks obtained, just started using the G36C today, amazing gun. No recoil what so ever, reloads terribly fast and sights come up really quick.

I typically rock out the EXPL vest for additional mines and rockets and have found to be really good at hiding explosives for tanks to run over. After throwing down 5 mines the last game I killed two full jeeps (6 soldiers total) all within a couple seconds of each other. I think they were in two collaborating squads and I made out like a point bandit -they were pissed.

I RPG tanks quite often and wait for the engineer to get out so I can unload on him and steal his tank if not occupied. I drive tanks quite a bit as well when I can find a good gunner/driver.

Have not used my sidearm at all (maybe a couple kills) and I knife whenever possible.
          I've noticed a lot of people using the EXPL attribute. Personally, my style of play benefits from sprint, as I like to run and gun. I might use the G36C when I get it - and those guns do have really low recoil, at least that is loyal to reality. I might switch to the HK MP7 as my weapon of choice for PDW.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I have been using the UMP, and it is greatly nerfed over the beta UMP. I will likely switch back to the SCAR or the A-91?. I run the M249 (can, ir scope, grip) with mortars. I rarely play recon or assault unless it is teamdeathmatch.

I try to spend all the time I can in air, or a nice tank. I have unlocked the HMG on the tanks and stealth on the planes. I almost have missiles on my choppers also.

So as far as what to unlock, I would say to pick 1 or 2 classes that you like, and just play it over and over. Engineer seems to be the class of choice for me due to the repair tool and anti vehicle missiles. I should have the javelin tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              I've noticed a lot of people using the EXPL attribute. Personally, my style of play benefits from sprint, as I like to run and gun. I might use the G36C when I get it - and those guns do have really low recoil, at least that is loyal to reality. I might switch to the HK MP7 as my weapon of choice for PDW.
              I use sprint when I repair
              Baja-Bob.com

Comment

AEK-971. The. Best. Assault. Weapon.

I went 30/10 last night and this weapon is insane. I never unlocked it in the BETA but would stalk enemies that had it and steal it from their corpse. It fires extremely fast and has very good accuracy. I can spray n pray around corners if I run into an enemy accidentally. Only downside is it chews through ammo like a mother, I have to carry the AMMO perk just to have enough to take out the other team.

SCAR-H is the best engy weapon, I use ACOG and Laser on it, equip with SMAW and extra rockets and no building/wall stands in my way. Davamand peak is the best as Engy because I blow right through concrete walls and let myself in.

Littlebird rules, I finally figured out the crosshair for that heli is down and to the right for some reason, so I now aim correctly and turn infantry into little red dust particles. AH-1Z is fun too, mostly when I have my cousin with me as we have double flares, AA missles, zoom optics and standard AT missiles...

Comment

On a similar note, the .44 magnum description is humorous. But level 36 to unlock...sheeit.

Comment

I dont have a favorate gun just yet they are all pretty damn effective, but this could be cause I only play hardcore. I cant stand unloading a whole clip into someone just to have them run away.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                      I dont have a favorate gun just yet they are all pretty damn effective, but this could be cause I only play hardcore. I cant stand unloading a whole clip into someone just to have them run away.
                      Does BF3 have an M1 Garand?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post

But seriously, the best weapon is a controller that doesn't have a half second response time.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                          On a similar note, the .44 magnum description is humorous. But level 36 to unlock...sheeit.
                          It sucks IMO. the sights wobble like crazy when strafing and doesn't do enough damage.

On a similar note. Medic guns that you start off with are amazing. SV98 sniper rifle ftw and G36C or Scar on engineer. Fucking the Rex pistol takes to long between shots and 1 doesnt put them down unless headshot. PERFECT for close quarters but i mean REALLY CLOSE quarters. G17C best gun overall... Even though glocks suck.
                          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

I'm really digging the G36C... played it more with you guys last night. It really puts the rounds down range.
                            Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Unlocked the PKP Pecheneg last night and was very disappointed, it fires much slower than the M249, and doesn't seem to do the same damage. I'm not understanding why I see so many people using it. Oh well, time to keep going towards the M240B.

I also learned last night that if you're piloting a MAV you can destory enemy equipment and other MAV's by putting your reticle on them and hitting your fire button (right trigger for xbox).
                              Last edited by motoman; 11-02-2011, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X