Xbox info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox info needed

I was looking at picking up an Xbox 360 and playing xbox live to give me something to do this winter besides freeze my ass off outside. How big of a hardrive is really needed? I've seen from a 4gig up to 320 and heard from a random guy you can can just use a external hd. How often does that red ring happen?

Do not get the 4 gig model. Anything else besides that on the shelves is fine.
    sigpic

Comment

Take the chance on a used one? That red ring stuff is fixable right?

Comment

As long as it has a warranty. But, if you're buying used from like Gamestop, I would assume it would have some type of warranty protecting that. Definitely stay away from the 4 gig. I recently upgraded my 20 gig to 120 gig because it wasn't big enough, and I don't even play that many games.

Comment

and they have built in wifi so I don't have to run a cable to the modem, right?

Fucking A! I know how my dad felt when I bought home an atari and hooked it up to the tv, fuckin lost. I quit playing my ps2 and so I sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
            and they have built in wifi so I don't have to run a cable to the modem, right?

Fucking A! I know how my dad felt when I bought home an atari and hooked it up to the tv, fuckin lost. I quit playing my ps2 and so I sold it.
            You have to pay for the wireless adapter separate.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
              You have to pay for the wireless adapter separate.
              The newer slim ones have wifi built in.

-k

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                Take the chance on a used one? That red ring stuff is fixable right?
                I haven't heard of RROD issues from the newer consoles. I've got a new 360, and a old Elite. Neither have any issues. The newer one runs much quieter, and the built in wifi is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  I haven't heard of RROD issues from the newer consoles. I've got a new 360, and a old Elite. Neither have any issues. The newer one runs much quieter, and the built in wifi is nice.
                  My brand new Elite died on me after one month back when GOW2 came out I believe. Shockingly I posted this up on the Microsoft 360 site and the mods deleted it. They fixed it but man I was pissed. I dont do downloads of any movies or anything all I use it for is games. I have only used like 2.6 G of the available 120. Lightning tried to take it out the other day and I had to go back to a wireless adapter. Wow it is slow now on game content downloads. LOL
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                  X