Xbox Media Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Media Sharing

Alright, well so far its sharing to the computer in the living room. But i can not get the xbox to pick up my computer in my room even though in WMP it says its sharing. Whats going on??
    GOPR0198 by larrychance88

I don't go through WMP. I just go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Options, then check the box that says share your shit with devices on your network. If that alone doesn't work, go to devices and make sure that your Xbox is checked to share shit.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Yeah, the WMP side of streaming, especially when multiple devices CAN be flaky. (at least with XB360)

I remember one time troubleshooting for over a week (on and off of course), switched ports on a switch and it just worked.

Google it, there are a lot of walk throughs on things to check. I just can't remember them right now - but generally they'll work.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Im not seeing network and sharing options on xp

Comment

nvm, i found it. Its clicked Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection

Comment

Originally posted by BttleFedC10 View Post
            nvm, i found it. Its clicked Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection
            You can use the Zune software too....it works well with Xbox sharing.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

What is the sharing for? Like what kind of thigs could I do with it? I have 3 Xboxes and two computers all on one network in my house. I don't share anything with the xbox though.
              Originally posted by Nash B.
              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                What is the sharing for? Like what kind of thigs could I do with it? I have 3 Xboxes and two computers all on one network in my house. I don't share anything with the xbox though.
                I can stream movies and music from my pc through my xbox. Thats how I watch my torrents.
                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Don't forget to index the media through media player.... I just got through setting up one of these yesterday for our pilots....

On the average my site has about 10 xobx's streaming from my media server... it works out well until someone does a huge file trnasfer, then xbox watchers get the short end of the stick.. the video will buffer...

Comment

Working...
                  X