Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too have these and they're the bomb diggity. Modding speakers!? My interest has been piqued.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
      That sure is purdy.

How does the tube amp compare to a SS?
      Tube amps are very powerful, and they have much deeper/richer/full sound. The comparison is easily recognizable. You can turn a tube amp up to full volume and it will have no static, for example.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
        When does that sale end, today?

Stevo
        I guess they did, it back up to $154 today. Sucked, it wouldn't allow shipping- only store pickup and wouldn't allow pickup in Longview, and I couldn't get over to Tyler. Oh well.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          Yes it's possible for sure.
          alright CJ, I might need some help. especially if you know your way around a wiring diagram.

I got bored this weekend so I went ahead and hooked up my Harmon Kardon AVR 525 to my computer.

I removed the Audigy pci sound card and went back to the onboard sound to reduce clutter inside the tower.

I'm using the fiber optic digital out direct to my receiver so there is no more sound processing being done by the PC.

I removed the control pod from the speakers and they are hooked up to the receiver's L&R channels and the crossover is set at 90hz and they work fine.

Now the problem I'm facing now is how to best connect the klipsch subwoofer to receiver via the LFE output.

The easiest way to hook it up is to use a 3.5 mm to rca connector and keep using the control pod but I really want to rewire the subwoofer to accept a single RCA input.

I have ordered a female RCA input and will drill and install it to the back of the sub but I’m not sure where to solder it on to the PCB.

my best guess is to replace the existing connection between the section labled P3 and 104 on the diagram linked below with my new connection, bypassing the low pass crossover.

here are diagrams of the entire 2.1:
          Klipsch, Promedia, V5.1, V2.1, V4.1, V2.400, V2-400, Repair, schematics, DIN, Plug, diagram, circuit, channel, dead, speakers, burnt, resistors
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

my other thought is to just attach the control pod to my klipsch ultra set and sell off a whole setup and just buy a 8-10" home theater sub.
            a lot easier anyways.
            Last edited by momo; 01-10-2012, 08:49 PM.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
              my other thought is to just attach the control pod to my klipsch ultra set and sell off a whole setup and just buy a 8-10" home theater sub.
              a lot easier anyways.
              well this is what i'm going to do. eff rewiring the klipsch sub. i put my 12" sub in the office room to test out the sound. i'm going to need to pair a smaller/tighter sub that's clean up to ~110 hz or so to avoid having a gap between the satellites and the sub.

oh yea, so much for 35 watts power handling. currently the klipsch satellites are being driven with 85 watts of actual clean power with no issue.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

well this is what i'm going to do. eff rewiring the klipsch sub. i put my 12" sub in the office room to test out the sound. i'm going to need to pair a smaller/tighter sub that's clean up to ~110 hz or so to avoid having a gap between the satellites and the sub.

oh yea, so much for 35 watts power handling. currently the klipsch satellites are being driven with 85 watts of actual clean power with no issue.
                Sorry I missed this post bud, I just now saw it for the first time. I rewired mine similar to the way you first purposed. It was about 7 years ago so my memory is not of much use, but you did reference the proper circuits, ground and your sub out, it's mono of course so LF is what it would sample from.

As far as the satellites, I currently have mine hooked up to a Harmon Kardon AVR-2600 which is very conservatively rated at 65 watts per channel if you're running 7.1. I run 5.1 and see 90 watts regularly, and peak over 100 watts. They have held up to this power for about 7 years. These are the same bookshelf/satellites they sell with many of their home theaters. You do have to pump them full of power to get sound out of them though. I run my rear channels at about +6 on a 10 scale over base to balance the acoustics.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

good deal. some of the best plastic housing "computer speakers" you can get.

i had posted on canada my mods to my set, here is a link to a repost of it:
                  I posted this on another message board but now that i'm a member here, it makes much more sense for this thread to be here:   I have a set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers for my computer.  They sound pretty decent but they were a little rough outside and the wiring on them was shotty. If...

still need to finish mine up one day by adding an amp and ditching the control mechanism.
                  I think I'll have to do that to mine. I remember seeing those when you originally posted them and digging them. Did you sand them at all first, or just hit them up with primer then paint? Unfortunately, the connections on mine will prevent me from putting better posts and connections on them, but I can at least jazz them up with a kickass paint job.
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                    I think I'll have to do that to mine. I remember seeing those when you originally posted them and digging them. Did you sand them at all first, or just hit them up with primer then paint? Unfortunately, the connections on mine will prevent me from putting better posts and connections on them, but I can at least jazz them up with a kickass paint job.
                    yea, can't remember what grit paper i used but i did take the time to prep before priming and it made everything else easy. i probably should wet sand it but eh, i'm fine with them.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      Sorry I missed this post bud, I just now saw it for the first time. I rewired mine similar to the way you first purposed. It was about 7 years ago so my memory is not of much use, but you did reference the proper circuits, ground and your sub out, it's mono of course so LF is what it would sample from.

As far as the satellites, I currently have mine hooked up to a Harmon Kardon AVR-2600 which is very conservatively rated at 65 watts per channel if you're running 7.1. I run 5.1 and see 90 watts regularly, and peak over 100 watts. They have held up to this power for about 7 years. These are the same bookshelf/satellites they sell with many of their home theaters. You do have to pump them full of power to get sound out of them though. I run my rear channels at about +6 on a 10 scale over base to balance the acoustics.
                      yea i have a general idea where to tie in the +/- inputs for the mono rca but i'm lost on if i would need a volume control for it (pot) and if so where it would go.

i think i'm just going to put the sub in storage and snag a 8" sub on craigslist for a good deal.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                      X