Galaxy Nexus - Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy Nexus - Friday

Looks like the new Nexus will be hitting Verizon this Friday. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on this new Android device. I have strongly been considering going back to iPhone after playing with one a couple hours over Thanksgiving -but the screen size of this device has really intrigued me. Really like Android, but I need to ditch Motorola, they ruined the Droid X for me and several other phones too.

Official commercial/webmercial

Originally posted by Engadget

We know you've been impatiently awaiting its arrival, but fear not Android fans -- the Verizon version of the Galaxy Nexus is almost here... we think. A tipster sent in a shot of an internal VZW email outlining the next few weeks of launches and in-store displays. Chief amongst those is the December 8th arrival of banners, signs and other marketing materials for the world's first ICS handset. Our source reports that posters and all the relevant merch will be rolled out after close of business and the Nexus will officially go on sale December 9th. As a bonus, this also seems to confirm that the Droid 4 will be launching this Thursday. So, if you're fine with Gingerbread and have a thing for QWERTY keyboards December 8th could still be the day all your dreams come true. The rest of us will just have to wait just an extra 24 hours.
    We know you've been impatiently awaiting its arrival, but fear not Android fans -- the Verizon version of the Galaxy Nexus is almost here... we think. A tipster sent in a shot of an internal VZW email outlining the next few weeks of launches and in-store displays. Chief amongst those is the December 8th arrival of banners, signs and other marketing materials for the world's first ICS handset. Our source reports that posters and all the relevant merch will be rolled out after close of business and the Nexus will officially go on sale December 9th. As a bonus, this also seems to confirm that the Droid 4 will be launching this Thursday. So, if you're fine with Gingerbread and have a thing for QWERTY keyboards December 8th could still be the day all your dreams come true. The rest of us will just have to wait just an extra 24 hours. [Thanks, anonymous] Update: Bad news, folks, it looks like you Big Red fans won't be getting Google's new superphone on the 9th, and unfortunately there's no word when the VZW Nexus will land. See for yourself in the screenshot after the break.
    Last edited by BajaBob; 12-09-2011, 04:03 PM.
    Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

About time. I don't know why big red has to be so discreet.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
      They wanted to make sure all the bugs were worked out before launching.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

It was released over seas last month.

Comment

Because this device will trump all their current homegrown labeled flagships
          Baja-Bob.com

Comment

It was released over seas last month.
            True... The US version is supposed to be 1mm thicker because of the +1800mA battery though... maybe they used that time to work out some bugs/add some needed features.
            Baja-Bob.com

Comment

I'm glad they already have an OTA update for the volume issue the Europeans were having.
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Computerworld covers a range of technology topics, with a focus on these core areas of IT: generative AI, Windows, mobile, Apple/enterprise, office suites, productivity software, and collaboration software, as well as relevant information about companies such as Microsoft, Apple, and Google.

Comment

Yup, i saw that aswell. I want this phone but I'm not eligible for an update yet.

Comment

While Google Wallet would be a nice feature, I'm not too concerned about it not being on there.

Comment

This too...

Comment

You lose a lot of screen realestate w/the lack of buttons.

Comment

Not concerned with wallet either. Really just tired of all the B.S. my Droid X thinks up everyday.
                          Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                            I was thinking about that but I like all the different widgets that have for Ice Cream Sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                              If I had it my way I would go with the larger screen, but I am not going to switch providers just so I can get that one feature.
                              Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Working...
                              X