A little help, plz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help, plz.

I got an invite for the Tribes Ascend closed beta, and I installed the client, but when I click the play button from the launcher it says "D3DCOMPILER_43.dll is missing, try reinstalling the program." From what I can google, the file is related to DirectX. I am on DirectX 11, and the game only requires 9.0c, so wtf? Do I need to roll it back? If so, how do I do that. TIA for any help you can give me.

Is there a newer version of Directx?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      Is there a newer version of Directx?
      DirectX11 is what I'm on, I don't think there's a newer one. The game requires 9.0c or higher.

Comment

have you uninstalled and reinstalled, just to get that out of the way?

Was there a Directx install with the install package?

Comment

have you uninstalled and reinstalled, just to get that out of the way?

Was there a Directx install with the install package?
          No, the launcher downloaded and installed it, and it said install successful. I'll uninstall it and run the launcher again to see if it re-downloads and installs it.

Comment

Sometimes the easiest solution works.

Or you may just have to reboot.

Comment

Sometimes the easiest solution works.

Or you may just have to reboot.
              Did all, not working. Uninstalling game client and launcher and going to re-download and install. Fucking PITA. I loved the original Tribes so much, and Tribes 2 was such a disappointment. I've heard this one goes back to the original style of gameplay, which is why I'm so amped about it.

Comment

Working...
              X