2 Xbox/ 1 internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Xbox/ 1 internet

We just recently put a second xbox in the house. Me and my roommate have been trying to play MW3, but keep having problems. When we get into a lobby together It never puts us into a match. If he is in a match, and I try to join it boots him from the match. The weird part is we both can play online, just not in the same game. We have charter cable/internet. I thought maybe it was just too slow, so I called and upgraded it. Didn't help. Any ideas? Just thought I would ask here, in case someone has had this problem.

Sounds like your nat setting is moderate

Comment

You need to assign each xbox it's own IP, and if need be, set up some port forwarding.

Comment

An explanation of port forwarding and the necessary steps to set up port forwarding in your router.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigcountry View Post
          We just recently put a second xbox in the house. Me and my roommate have been trying to play MW3, but keep having problems. When we get into a lobby together It never puts us into a match. If he is in a match, and I try to join it boots him from the match. The weird part is we both can play online, just not in the same game. We have charter cable/internet. I thought maybe it was just too slow, so I called and upgraded it. Didn't help. Any ideas? Just thought I would ask here, in case someone has had this problem.
          Same exact BS here. I was actually going to type up a thread but you saved me the trouble...thank you
          Originally posted by Sean88gt
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            You need to assign each xbox it's own IP, and if need be, set up some port forwarding.
            They are going to have their own local IP on any DHCP router. The issue may come from Microsoft have multiple connections from the same external IP. I honestly do not know how they handle that. It sounds like Xbox Live doesn't allow multiple connections from the same IP. In other to assign multiple external IP's you'd have to have multiple modems, and Time warner would charge you double almost certainly.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              They are going to have their own local IP on any DHCP router. The issue may come from Microsoft have multiple connections from the same external IP. I honestly do not know how they handle that. It sounds like Xbox Live doesn't allow multiple connections from the same IP. In other to assign multiple external IP's you'd have to have multiple modems, and Time warner would charge you double almost certainly.
              I totally didn't think about that. ><

Comment

Thanks for all the info and help guys.

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post

I have played with multiple people playing together on two separate consoles, but in the same house. Just not sure how they did it.

Comment

I have two xboxes hooked up in my house. I have the internet in my room coming into a wireless router, from there one xbox is wired from that router, then the other xbox in the living room picks up the signal from a wireless network adapter on the back of the xbox. I can play Call of Duty with my GF in the other room and we are able to both log on under our seperate gamertags and play together. That being said we never do because she sucks at call of duty, LOL.
                  Originally posted by Nash B.
                  Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                    I have two xboxes hooked up in my house. I have the internet in my room coming into a wireless router, from there one xbox is wired from that router, then the other xbox in the living room picks up the signal from a wireless network adapter on the back of the xbox. I can play Call of Duty with my GF in the other room and we are able to both log on under our seperate gamertags and play together. That being said we never do because she sucks at call of duty, LOL.
                    Well that narrows it down, it could very well be that BF3 or punkbuster doesn't allow it. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense though. You're not using the same Xbox Live ID are you?
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I have one Xbox in the game room that is running off of the wirless router Verizon gave me. Then I also have a wirless adapter that converts to a wired connection in the living room, this is where the other Xbox is. 1 Router/2 connections

I have a Open NAT and we use two seperate live id's
                      We can play in the same lobby but not on the same team, although we can party chat together the entire time. We cannot jump into a party as it will kick the other person already in the party.

We tried one of us joining a lobby that was not full thinking that woule work and it does not, just tells you that you are unable to join session in progress.
                      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                        I have one Xbox in the game room that is running off of the wirless router Verizon gave me. Then I also have a wirless adapter that converts to a wired connection in the living room, this is where the other Xbox is. 1 Router/2 connections

I have a Open NAT and we use two seperate live id's
                        We can play in the same lobby but not on the same team, although we can party chat together the entire time. We cannot jump into a party as it will kick the other person already in the party.

We tried one of us joining a lobby that was not full thinking that woule work and it does not, just tells you that you are unable to join session in progress.
                        Try making one of the systems the DMZ.

Comment

Google search, filtered by "discussions".,

Source
                          First it wil depend on what brand of router you are using. I use A Linksys router becuase it is reliable and the tech support is the best. Since Linksys routers have Firewall to protect you from outsiders you need to set certain ports to listening mode. That means you need to open ports that Xbox Live Server requires. Other brands of Router that doesn't have firewall doesn't need this. The ports are 53, 80, 88, and 3074. Since you are trying to make two Xbox consoles use those ports and you are trying to connect to a server, what you needto do is to use Port Range Triggering. You can't use Port Range Forwarding since it will only set those ports into listening mode to the IP address you set it. So if you use Port Range Forwarding it will only be open/available to one console(the one using the IP address).YOU NEED TO USE PORT RANGE TRIGGERING. Disable Port Range Forwarding and DMZ. YOU NEED TO ENABLE UPnP as well if your Linksys router have this option (other model doesn't have this option but it is said to be enabled in default settings according to their tech support). TO SOLVE THE LAG problem set your MTU size to 1364. This settings will work even if you have one or multiple consoles running behind the router. Just remember that you need to make sure first that you have a good connection from your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Online gaming consumes a lot of bandwidth. So just couple things to do. Trigger the ports at the Port Range Triggering, set MTU to 1364 and make sure UPnP is enabled. Pleasegive me feed backs after you tried it.
                          Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                          Baja-Bob.com

Comment

So just couple things to do. Trigger the ports at the Port Range Triggering, set MTU to 1364 and make sure UPnP is enabled. Pleasegive me feed backs after you tried it.
                            Can I do all of this while eating KFC?

Comment

Working...
                            X