IE keeps crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE keeps crashing

On my girlfriends Win7 laptop. I tried the IE with no add on's and tried a reset of it in the Internet Options and it's still crashing. Tried it in Safe Mode and another Windows User and no go. System Restore only went back a couple of days and that didn't help either. I tried removing and reinstalling IE8 under the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn WIndows features on or off and still nothing. I'm finding a lot of crap software installed (Blio, Freeze.com Net Assistant, InstallQ Updater, Team Viewer7) that I'm having problems removing. I'm guessing she installed something and got a lot of bloatware or something and I'm currently running MalWare Bytes and it's finding a bunch of stuff that I'll have removed here in a bit but I'm sure it's not going to fix IE.

Any ideas? I'm at work right now and don't have a flash drive on me to install any software like a different web browser. Hate to do a restore of Windows but might have to.

I don't know about the other stuff, but team viewer isn't any form of malware/spyware. If you have a friend that can remote into the computer they'll most often use team viewer. Other than that. QUIT USING IE!

Comment

OK so it's a legitimate program but I'm not sure how it got installed. Thanks for the help anyway.

Comment

If you'd like, I can remote in and take a look, but ultimately, she needs to quit IE and adopt FF or some other browser.

Sent from my iPhail eleventybillion

Comment

Run ie from the command line with "iexplore.exe -extoff"

This. Will lad without any addons. If t works, go into tools/options and programs to manage the addons.

Bet you have a toolbar or ther plugin causing havoc.

Comment

Working...
          X