Gunnar glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunnar glasses

Anyone ever tried these out? I think i'm definitely getting to the point where eye fatigue is happening almost daily. I've seen these a few times at best buy and fry's and always wondered if they really worked worth a damn.

Try GUNNAR glasses to enhance your digital life and protect your vision. GUNNAR Optiks offers a real-world solution to keep your eyes safe while using gadgets.

sigpic

You can go buy some cheapo yellow tint glasses and see if it works. Wal mart Sporting goods section. Shouldn't cost you more than 10 bucks.
    2004 Suzuki DL650
    1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
      You can go buy some cheapo yellow tint glasses and see if it works. Wal mart Sporting goods section. Shouldn't cost you more than 10 bucks.
      I've got this feeling there might be a little bit more involved than that.
      sigpic

Comment

From where I'm sitting they look like fancy frames with yellow lenses. Like something I'd use for shooting or driving at dusk.

Why the Yellow Lenses?

The yellow or amber lens tint is a crucial component of i-AMP lens technology. The tint is designed to improve overall contrast, detail, and resolution by filtering out harsh fluorescent light and reducing high-intensity blue light. The result is a warmer, more natural light spectrum that minimizes the stress on your eyes resulting in improved visual comfort and focus.
        2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          Anyone ever tried these out? I think i'm definitely getting to the point where eye fatigue is happening almost daily. I've seen these a few times at best buy and fry's and always wondered if they really worked worth a damn.

Try GUNNAR glasses to enhance your digital life and protect your vision. GUNNAR Optiks offers a real-world solution to keep your eyes safe while using gadgets.

If I find mine, you can have them.
          I got them from a customer when i was living in Milwaukee.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
            If I find mine, you can have them.
            I got them from a customer when i was living in Milwaukee.
            Very much appreciated.

Did you ever try them out? Every review i read says they helped people out.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
              Very much appreciated.

Did you ever try them out? Every review i read says they helped people out.
              My contacts bothered me way before my eyes would become "strained" so I would just put my glasses on. I never used them and thought to myself I "had" to have them on. I'll look through my boxes sometime this weekend, I have a few boxes I never unpacked when I moved back to Dallas to see if I still got them.

Comment

Just try the yellow tint glasses first. They make a huge difference, they can make a cloudy/gloomy day seem bright and sunny. Much easier on the eyes, I use them for hunting and can go a good day in the woods, on a gloomy day and get much less eye fatigue.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Now I want some amber-tinted aviators.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I tried these out at Quakecon, they had a booth. It was interesting, but me and a friend (Bob) couldn't really tell if they were doing anything.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

A friend's wife I worked with who is on the computer 8+ hours a day started getting migraines, popped these on, and boom...no more migraines. I think part of it is psychosomatic, but if it works, then why not?

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        I tried these out at Quakecon, they had a booth. It was interesting, but me and a friend (Bob) couldn't really tell if they were doing anything.
                        Yup. Waste of money. You think they help, but really what you need to do is invest in a matte finished monitor.

When I wore the pair they had at quakecon I thought, "wow, awesome". Then I realized all they did was cut the glare on the glossy monitor they had on demo. If you find yourself on the computer quite a bit go matte.
                        Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                        Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
                          Yup. Waste of money. You think they help, but really what you need to do is invest in a matte finished monitor.

When I wore the pair they had at quakecon I thought, "wow, awesome". Then I realized all they did was cut the glare on the glossy monitor they had on demo. If you find yourself on the computer quite a bit go matte.
                          it'd be cheaper to buy the glasses than to replace 4 monitors.
                          sigpic

Comment

Still, what do these do besides what the regular xyz brand glasses do from any store?

These seem pricey compared to other glasses and although I can read the marketing banter - first hand input is more appreciated. I can take a paper plate and put a bunch of BS behind it too and charge more.

The only 2 things I can see that maybe legit are...

1. A little more stylish looking
                            2. Possibly lighter weight than a 5-10 dollar pair of Winchesters from where-ever
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I think it's just the yellow lenses. Their marketing hooplah about the way the lenses are constructed sounds like just that hooplah.

Boutique/exotic ammo manufactures do the same thing. Their ammo performs poorly or no better than normal ammo but they throw a lot of technical terms around use the words tier 1 or "operator" a lot and then proceed to sell ammo

Sent from my iPhone
                              2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Working...
                              X