Blu-Ray ripping taking forever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blu-Ray ripping taking forever?

I'm trying to (very slowly) put all my Blu Ray discs that didn't come with a digital copy on my hard drive so that I can watch them through my media center at home instead of on the disc. I just find it more convenient.

Anyway, I am using DVDFab 8. I started it last night at 11pm and at 730am this morning its still at 50% and has another 8 hours left. This doesn't seem normal. I'm only backing up the actual video with no subtitles or menus.

Computer:
    Intel Q6700
    GTX460
    8GB DDR2
    Plenty of HDD space

Any settings or anything I should look into that could cause this ridiculous slow down?

Oh and also I'm ripping it to a WMV file so it can be played through my XBOX360

Comment

Is that program multi-threaded? You may be seeing these long times due to your Proc.

Comment

Be sure Enable DMA is checked under the IDE ATA controller for the channel the optical drive is on. That is definitely too long. Not familiar with DVDFAB as I use ImgBurn

Comment

HTPC with Blu-Ray Ownz U....

Too much work just to play something through a particular interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
            HTPC with Blu-Ray Ownz U....

Too much work just to play something through a particular interface...
            No problem here, htpc with bluray drive for my physical copies. Xbmc for the frontend and inventory of all my streaming content.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
              Be sure Enable DMA is checked under the IDE ATA controller for the channel the optical drive is on. That is definitely too long. Not familiar with DVDFAB as I use ImgBurn
              DMA is selected on the IDE channel its on

Comment

Yeah something is up. It only takes me about 15-20 minutes to rip a full bluray using 123copydvd. Not real sure on what settings to look at though. I would just try new software.

Comment

Working...
                X