No announcement yet.

Web programming advice and suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, not a single server side client is as well supported as PHP. Take a look at the documentation on functions and such. It is so massive and amazing (with examples) it will blow your mind.
    Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Definitley go with PHP. It's syntax is very similar to C so it's a good choice for you since you have C++ experience.

PHP is a popular general-purpose scripting language that powers everything from your blog to the most popular websites in the world.

W3Schools offers free online tutorials, references and exercises in all the major languages of the web. Covering popular subjects like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, Java, and many, many more.

All good resources, I normally just refer to php.net as a reference now that I'm more experienced. The other two have simple easy to follow tutorials so they're great for beginners

I write PHP and MySQL code for a living but I'm new to the new stuff that most of the industry has moved toward such as MVC. I'm attempting to learn the Yii framework but I'm about to pull my hair out. I also have a tendency to overcomplicate things.

As BajaBob said javascript is a whole new can of worms, but jQuery does make a lot of things simpler. I've learned a lot more about javascript by using the javascript debugger in the Google Chrome browser. Firefox has the firebug plugin which operates similar, maybe even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Marklar View Post
        Definitley go with PHP. It's syntax is very similar to C so it's a good choice for you since you have C++ experience.

PHP is a popular general-purpose scripting language that powers everything from your blog to the most popular websites in the world.

W3Schools offers free online tutorials, references and exercises in all the major languages of the web. Covering popular subjects like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, Java, and many, many more.

All good resources, I normally just refer to php.net as a reference now that I'm more experienced. The other two have simple easy to follow tutorials so they're great for beginners

I write PHP and MySQL code for a living but I'm new to the new stuff that most of the industry has moved toward such as MVC. I'm attempting to learn the Yii framework but I'm about to pull my hair out. I also have a tendency to overcomplicate things.

As BajaBob said javascript is a whole new can of worms, but jQuery does make a lot of things simpler. I've learned a lot more about javascript by using the javascript debugger in the Google Chrome browser. Firefox has the firebug plugin which operates similar, maybe even better.

All of these resources rock. I'll have to get one of these debuggers, I have always done it the old fashioned error popup/print statement way.
        Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
        Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Everyone in this thread is wrong. Just download an app that does this shit already or pay some fucking internet newbie $50 on craigslist to do it. Why waste the time and effort on minutiae.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
            Everyone in this thread is wrong. Just download an app that does this shit already or pay some fucking internet newbie $50 on craigslist to do it. Why waste the time and effort on minutiae.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

How many websites you plan on making?

Comment

Working...
              X