Apple is sacrificing quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple is sacrificing quality

The days of polished Apple software has become seriously compromised in my opinion. In an effort to abandon all ties with Google, Apple has started building their own in-house Google-replacing applications. One of these applications is the Google's famous Maps. Albeit, they will eventually release a more polished fixed version -but one can not help but think that they are more interested in their personal financial goals rather than releasing the polished software we are all accustomed too.

When you're ironing out a whole new mapping platform, like Apple is, some small details are sure to slip through the cracks. Names of streets, wrong turns, confusing oceans and deserts thousands of miles apart, the spellings of some small to... Hold it.

You Won’t Believe How Dumb These iOS 6 Maps Mistakes Are
    When you're ironing out a whole new mapping platform, like Apple is, some small details are sure to slip through the cracks. Names of streets, wrong turns, confusing oceans and deserts thousands of miles apart, the spellings of some small to... Hold it.

Yep. Apple's new Maps app confuses Greenland for the Indian Ocean, the Indian Ocean for the Arctic Ocean, the middle of Africa for the North Pacific, and the southern ocean for the North Atlantic. Which, you know, not minor details. They'll be ironed out shortly, no doubt, but those are delightfully idiotic mistakes to have gone live, especially considering some of the small details Apple has in there.
    Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

Seeing as iOS 6 hasn't even been released, I don't really understand the doom and gloom. You can find flaws in every company's pre-release product. These are major, embarrassing flaws for sure, but I don't know about "sacrificing quality"
    - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
    1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Don't care. I won't have an iPhone anymore after July 4th, partly because of things like this.

Comment

This is where Apple may start going downhill. They've done certain things so well for so long, but competitors are catching up. In some cases, they just need to embrace and partner with people who do things better than they do.

One reason I enjoy the Droid so much is due to it's integration with Google. However, generally speaking you're not locked into Google solely.

The iPhone is still a solid smartphone, they just need to figure out real innovation again as opposed to reinventing the wheel. Just my 2c.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Apple is doomed to repeat their history. They like keeping things proprietary. Take the Apple Macintosh for example. They refused to share their architecture with anyone. IBM didn't have any problem sharing the x86 architecture and the PC annihilated the Mac. Now with Google they are taking an open door architecture available to any hardware manufacturer (mirroring IBM in the 80's/90's) and they will take down Apple once again. The last stats I read show 60% of mobile devices now running Android - in just a few years.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I feel this is apropos for this thread.

Comment

As it's not fully complete those problems should be fixed by release i'd hope. The reason I don't think apple will fail is because of how easy it is to use compared to android. I give my mom an iphone and she can figure it out pretty easy. Give her a new android phone and when she goes to the internet and gets spam/pop ups etc she'll be like wtf?!

For people who root and mod their android i'm sure it's leagues better than an iphone. But right out of the box i don't think so. Both sides have horror stories.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
                As it's not fully complete those problems should be fixed by release i'd hope. The reason I don't think apple will fail is because of how easy it is to use compared to android. I give my mom an iphone and she can figure it out pretty easy. Give her a new android phone and when she goes to the internet and gets spam/pop ups etc she'll be like wtf?!

For people who root and mod their android i'm sure it's leagues better than an iphone. But right out of the box i don't think so. Both sides have horror stories.
                The exact same things were said about Mac desktops, and they still got creamed, because businesses run on PC's, and no proprietary OS can keep up with that.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  The exact same things were said about Mac desktops, and they still got creamed, because businesses run on PC's, and no proprietary OS can keep up with that.
                  I was talking mobile wise. I've never owned a Mac computer. They're expensive as hell and look really nice i've just never had any personal time with one.

Comment

It's a pretty nice OS (and much cheaper than Windows), but you pay a ton for the hardware. It's too bad that putting OS X on a non-Mac computer is such a PITA.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post

I'm a Droid fan boy and concur whole heartedly. My wife and mo-in-law are going to get iPhones when upgrading from blackberry.

Comment

Is anyone else extremely pissed about the new Macbook Pro? You can't change a single internal part... from ram to hard drive, it's all one board!
                        Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                        Baja-Bob.com

Comment

I'm laughing at Apple software quality going downhill. I feel like their f'ing alphaware tester. I never get their releases until they have been out for several months and they are still more buggey than my guys non-unit tested software. I have an iPhone 4 and and iPad, as does my wife. Their OS and std apps are alphaware. Period.
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Apple is hell bent on taking down Google. Jobs before his death said he would spend everything he had to see it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                              I'm laughing at Apple software quality going downhill. I feel like their f'ing alphaware tester. I never get their releases until they have been out for several months and they are still more buggey than my guys non-unit tested software. I have an iPhone 4 and and iPad, as does my wife. Their OS and std apps are alphaware. Period.
                              I see this in a lot places sadly. There is a technology company I work with and shit that has worked flawlessly for 2-3 years is not buggy. The fixes introduce new bugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X