Interesting Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Download

I was playing around and found this. Evidently if you stay up late on your computer, part of the reason is your computer.

If you're like many people, you probably sit in front of your computer screen checking email and surfing the web right before you hit the hay. The problem with this habit is our computer screens bathe our faces in blue light waves. While blue light can boost our energy and mood during the day, exposure to it right before bed can prevent us from falling asleep. Blue light inhibits melatonin production and we need melatonin to make us sleepy. No melatonin, no sleep.

To help reduce the amount of blue light emitted by your computer screen, install the free app F.lux on your computer. F.lux automatically adjusts the amount of blue light waves emitted by your screen depending on the time of day. During the day, blue light waves are given off full blast. But as you get closer to nighttime, your screen will adjust its color so there are less blue light waves being emitted, allowing your body to produce melatonin so you're ready to welcome Mr. Sandman when he comes to visit.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

I'll bite. Can't fall asleep for shit these days, so I'll try anything.

Comment

Same here. I'm willing to try a screen that's putting out less blue light if it means sleep
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Interesting.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I just fap before bed. Guaranteed sleep every time.

Good article
          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

You are not slick.

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
            I just fap before bed. Guaranteed sleep every time.

Good article

Comment

Lol. Nice
              Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Go 80/9 in a A-10 and you will sleep soundly. The screams of my enemies lull me to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                X