No announcement yet.

Samsung galaxy s3 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the limited time I've had mine I've had zero issues with signal or anything else for that matter.

Comment

Anyone else having issues with the alarm? When it goes off, no matter what settings I save, it is nearly silent and never wakes me up. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
        Anyone else having issues with the alarm? When it goes off, no matter what settings I save, it is nearly silent and never wakes me up. Ugh.
        lol
        me too
        I haven't messed with it much, so I just leave my alarms on my iphones.

Comment

So what's the trick to get the usb tethering feature to work?

Comment

Is the Sprint version with their new LTE radios? Have they enabled LTE in our area yet?

Comment

Gonna buy my gf this phone today. I'm a complete noob when it comes to android phones. You guys have any tips/info/apps/settings that should be the first thing I do? Also what about rooting? Benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
                Gonna buy my gf this phone today. I'm a complete noob when it comes to android phones. You guys have any tips/info/apps/settings that should be the first thing I do? Also what about rooting? Benefits?
                I have always heard of rooting but I am afraid I'd mess something up. What is rooting, benefits, why would you want to do it, why would you not want to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by gav91183 View Post
                  I have always heard of rooting but I am afraid I'd mess something up. What is rooting, benefits, why would you want to do it, why would you not want to do it?
                  Rooting the S3 is ridiculously easy. I have to thank the developers at xda for doing all of the hard work!

Rooting gives you admin privileges to alter anything you want. Rooting allows you to delete bloatware, alter the looks of the GUI, the OS (like flashing ROMs) and optimize hardware usage. Reasons for not rooting: void manufacturer's/carrier warranty (though, root can be reversed) you could potentially brick your phone, making it useless.

Comment

Originally posted by 06S197GT View Post
                    Rooting the S3 is ridiculously easy. I have to thank the developers at xda for doing all of the hard work!

Rooting gives you admin privileges to alter anything you want. Rooting allows you to delete bloatware, alter the looks of the GUI, the OS (like flashing ROMs) and optimize hardware usage. Reasons for not rooting: void manufacturer's/carrier warranty (though, root can be reversed) you could potentially brick your phone, making it useless.
                    I recall reading somewhere that rooting by law should not void your warranty unless it physically damages the phone. Its hard to brick your phone by rooting.

Comment

is it worth rooting? I just bought this phone a few days ago and I like it better than my epic 4g (the one with the slide out keyboard) but its huge. I feel sorry for people with little hands haha Also I've just been messing with it the past few days. Any apps I should get? I had some on my old phone but with this I feel like it can handle A LOT more

Comment

is it worth rooting? I just bought this phone a few days ago and I like it better than my epic 4g (the one with the slide out keyboard) but its huge. I feel sorry for people with little hands haha Also I've just been messing with it the past few days. Any apps I should get? I had some on my old phone but with this I feel like it can handle A LOT more
                        [IMG]edia.cmcdn.net/16958174/780x520.jpeg[/IMG]

Ip4,SGS3,HOX,Note

Should you decide to root, take this under consideration.
                        If you've rooted, plan on rooting and or using a custom ROM, you NEED to read this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1753833 Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Yes its worth it imo. Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, and Emulators are primarily the reasons so far for me.

I'm waiting for my gameclip to arrive but I just set up my ps3 controller and finally got around to installing snes9x and fpse (psx emulator).
                          FUN TIMES were had. Played some MK3, Marvel vs SF, Twisted Metal 4, GT2, Killer Instinct, and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. Need to test out some more roms, and wait for my gameclip to arrive.

Screenshots

Comment

Working...
                          X