PS3 Gaming Headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Gaming Headphones

I gotta buy some headphones...If I get one more loud music complaint they said they kickin' me out on tha curb..

Anyway, anyone have any experience with wired or wireless headphones..

I've been looking at those studio beats by dre used for about 120 (over the ear) but I REALLY don't want to spend anywhere near that..

I'd like to stay in the 50-80 dollar range and just get some decent 5.1 or 7.1 surround sounds that have alot of bass for my gaming explosions.

I've read that wired have WAY better sound but I have a big living room and dont want wires everywhere.

I'll be using it for PS3 but I can hook it straight up to my pioneer reciever.

Is wireless a waste? what size jack is best? I have an pioneer reciever that I plan on hooking these up to. Open or closed ear? Stero, 5.1, or 7.1 ?

What's the best way to have them hooked up? Rca's, HDMI, jacks?

Thnaks.
    sigpic
    Tags:

Turtle beaches

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products.aspx

Comment

Sennheiser HD202. This what I use for gaming on my computer. Should be able to get them for around $25. Just plug them into your receiver. You may need an adapter for your receiver since it probably has a 1/4" jack.

Comment

Do you want chat capabilities or just sound?

If you want chat, your limited.

Turtlebeach PX21
        Tritton lineup (made by madcatz)
        Astros (pricey, but very fucking worth it my a30's and mixamp are fucking outrageous)

If you just want sound, and you have your received hooked up to your PS3 than you can get by with just some cans.

When i'm not using my Astros', I plug my Ety ER6i's into my mixamp connected via optical out on my ps3 and I can game all night.

ER6i's are in ear monitors or (IEM).

Comment

just turn down the fuckin game

Comment

Just for sound. I couldn't care less about chat. I have a PS3 blue tooth headset thats been sitting in the package since last jan..lol..

I found that not yelling at little kids and not being able to hear them yell at eachother boosts my gaming experience and enjoyment about 1000%.

I checked on the turtle beaches, I've heard they tear up quick? And, the ones for ps3 have some weird kind of rca jack input that's not quite right.
            sigpic

Comment

those Sennheiser HD 202 Dynamic Headphones look good but for 25 bucks will they last?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                those Sennheiser HD 202 Dynamic Headphones look good but for 25 bucks will they last?
                What are you going to do to them? I just put mine on and take them off when I'm done and I've had them for about 2 years without any problems.

If you aren't packing them away and traveling with them they should last you quite a while.

They sound great and for $25 I couldn't be happier with them. There really isn't much to lose. I think I got mine from Staples or Target or something and if you don't like them just return them.

Comment

Originally posted by craig View Post
                  What are you going to do to them? I just put mine on and take them off when I'm done and I've had them for about 2 years without any problems.

If you aren't packing them away and traveling with them they should last you quite a while.

They sound great and for $25 I couldn't be happier with them. There really isn't much to lose. I think I got mine from Staples or Target or something and if you don't like them just return them.
                  I ended up ordering these. Should be here tomorrow. What should I set my PS3 output to? Just 2 channel because they are not 5.1 capable?
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X