Android help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android help please

Running the stock ICS on my Razr MAXX, and my wifi doesn't work very well. It keeps connecting and disconnecting and won't hold a connection for more than a few seconds. This has been happening for the last few weeks, and every single place that I have never had a problem, I am now having a problem. Is there a ROM I can flash to (haven't rooted it yet, but will if I have to flash it), or some sort of modem firmware I'm missing?

Lookin' at you, Brian

Have you tried restarting the phone?

There is an app in the market from Motorola for the razr to address connectivity issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Comment

It's a bug in ICS affecting all phones. There's a setting for wifi disconnect/sleep that most people are tweaking, but it's not a 100% fix/workaround.

Comment

I don't have this issue w/any of my devices on ICS. Dl and install catlog, run it while the issue is taking place and post a snippet of the log for me to look through.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          I don't have this issue w/any of my devices on ICS. Dl and install catlog, run it while the issue is taking place and post a snippet of the log for me to look through.
          Seems to be okay right now, I will run it when it is having the issue again.

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
              It's a bug in ICS affecting all phones. There's a setting for wifi disconnect/sleep that most people are tweaking, but it's not a 100% fix/workaround.
              Evo Lte here, no issues with wifi at all, stock rom, in fact wifi barely uses any battery life as well.

Comment

I've been affected by the issue (SII on Sprint) and if you google "ICS wifi disconnect" you'll find stuff from when ICS came out until now with people having issues. If you're not having issues, then consider yourself lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
                  I've been affected by the issue (SII on Sprint) and if you google "ICS wifi disconnect" you'll find stuff from when ICS came out until now with people having issues. If you're not having issues, then consider yourself lucky.
                  See above quote. My bet is it's a driver issue from the OEM as I've never experienced it on my Acer(A100), HTC(Aria, Inspire) or Samsung(SII on AT&Greed, Note, Infuse) devices.

Comment

Well, my shit's broken again. I was running CatLog when it happened this time, if you could take a look and tell me what the fuck is going on that would be awesome.

Comment

Put the log in dropbox and post a link, I'll look this evening.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Thanks man. It finally connected, but it took two hours to do so.

Comment

Ok, after looking through the log and doin a WHOLE lot of googling(because I've never had this problem), it appears that it's something to do w/devices that were upgraded from GB to ICS via (insert OEM name here) means of updating firmware.

Now specifically to the Maxx, there were mixed results on what worked, but for some wiping the cache partition corrected it, some did a factory reset two times in a row, while others set their router to G only, set a static IP or used WPA-PSK2 w/TKIP encryption.

I hope this helps as I've never experienced this issue as I stated earlier in this thread.

Comment

Ok, after looking through the log and doin a WHOLE lot of googling(because I've never had this problem), it appears that it's something to do w/devices that were upgraded from GB to ICS via (insert OEM name here) means of updating firmware.

Now specifically to the Maxx, there were mixed results on what worked, but for some wiping the cache partition corrected it, some did a factory reset two times in a row, while others set their router to G only, set a static IP or used WPA-PSK2 w/TKIP encryption.

I hope this helps as I've never experienced this issue as I stated earlier in this thread.
                            I appreciate the help, man. I will try these things tonight to see if they work, except for switching my router or my work router to G only and setting a static IP, as that is unacceptable and they will be replacing my phone if that's the issue. Factory reset is kinda bogus, too, but if it works, it works.

Comment

Working...
                            X