Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest way to make this work?

Current setup:

Media PC that feeds a 27" monitor as the primary display and a 60" plasma as the secondary monitor. I have it this way so I can use the 27" as more of a computer and still use the 60" for movies and streaming. I am running HDMI out of the media PC to the 60" and DVI to Cat6 to DVI to the 27" monitor (long run).

For movies I am using my ps3 to play them to the 60" (hdmi). I want the ability to switch it to have the PS3 come through the 27" monitor (dvi), but also be able to play through the 60" (hdmi).

Basically what I need (and don't think they make) is an HDMI that splits to either HDMI or DVI outputs, then I suppose I'd need a DVI splitter as well so I can feed the monitor that signal.

The only other option I can imagine is some type of PC card that allows HDMI or DVI input then some program that would run on the PC to display what is coming in on the HDMI or DVI in.

Any easy and cheap solution?

Can't use an HDMI splitter, then buy a HDMI To DVI Adapter?
    2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

i'd still need some way to switch the dvi, cause right now it goes directly to the back of the pc. i'd need to cut the pc off and have the ps3 feed it.

Comment

Working...
      X