Windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8

Worth it at the moment or no? Microsoft has a deal right now that if you purchase Windows 7 or a machine that has a valid copy of Windows 7, you can upgrade to windows 8 Pro for $14.99. Anyone using it, any reason to get it or stay away?

Learn how to check for, download, and install KB 2919355, an update for Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Stay away for now, unless your computer is a touch screen. Do you currently have Windows 7? Why would you be looking to upgrade?

Comment

I use it on occasion to test stuff out but I also have a touch screen monitor. Kinda annoying have to reach for the monitor to select tiles. Yes I could use the mouse but that defeats the purpose.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
        Stay away for now, unless your computer is a touch screen. Do you currently have Windows 7? Why would you be looking to upgrade?
        I'm not, but I bought a computer not long ago that came with Win 7 and had to buy my wife one today and saw the offer in the rebates. I figured it was only $15, I'd ask.

Stevo
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
          I'm not, but I bought a computer not long ago that came with Win 7 and had to buy my wife one today and saw the offer in the rebates. I figured it was only $15, I'd ask.

Stevo
          You didn't have to buy her shit!

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
            You didn't have to buy her shit!
            Shit... I'm not actually pussy-whooped or anything, but a few hundred bucks to make her happy = me happy? Yeah, good money spent.

I spend more than that on hookers and blow weekly though.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post

Stevo
              It's not like you have to install it...but for $15, I'd go ahead and buy it.

I'm about to install the RC on a virtual machine to see what it's about, but I don't expect to adopt it anytime soon.
              كافر

Originally posted by sc281
              Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
              Originally posted by Trick Pony
              ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Working...
              X