Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so i started school... pc/laptop/tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i started school... pc/laptop/tablet?

title pretty much says it all. since everything is online now i need a computer(or a tablet if they can do the job) for homework and assignments. here are my questions:

tablets: which ones will be enough for me to efficiently browse the school sites and get all my work done without overloading the tablet/ipad

laptop: what are the prices for entry level models? nothing fancy, just whatever is necessary for school work/projects

pc: same as laptop only i need just the tower. i can get mouse/keyboard/monitor on my own for cheap

my only uses for whatever i get will be doing school work and browsing this place when taking breaks from school work. for those uses i know i dont need much. also i would like to keep this on the cheap since i am paying for all my own schooling. i would like to use a tablet/ipad since they are so small and easy to use but ultimately i will get whatever is the lowest price

What's your degree going to be in? If you just need it for note taking, a tablet with a dedicated keyboard should work. I tried it but my degree requires me to install Windows based applications and I use VMWare a lot. That's why I sold my tablet/keyboard and bought a laptop.

Comment

I just bought a cheap refurbed dell. Was fine, still use it today.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

problem with tablet o/s and browsers is not all school's websites and online class system support them. I can browse mine with the ipad, but can't use certain functionality.

Also, if you are going to be writing papers, you want a full keyboard/screen, where you can easily move between reference material and your paper while writing it.

I'd say get you something you feel comfortable sitting in front of for hours at a time, that will determine the size of the laptop you'll want

Comment

also, a lot classes are requiring the use of MS Office, and some of the things they are asking you to do are not possible with Open Office, or other programs.

Comment

I'd go laptop. I'm not aware of many tablets that have USB support and quickly/easily trading files/other things...etc will be useful. Especially when others don't have dropbox or similar.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I would just get a cheap windows laptop for school.
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                I would just get a cheap windows laptop for school.
                This.

OfficeMax had a deal on a going-out-of-style Lenovo for like, 380 bucks or something. I don't personally like Lenovo, but seemed like a good enough deal for the specs.

Comment

I picked up my laptop from Sam's which has been fine and I use my phone a lot for studying, emails and quick stuff done in office. A girl in my class is using a small tablet without too much success.

Comment

thanks guys. i'm going to be looking for laptop sales online and frys/cl

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                      thanks guys. i'm going to be looking for laptop sales online and frys/cl
                      Good for you man. What are you studying?
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Good for you man. What are you studying?
                        still undecided. pm sent

Comment

Buy.com usually has a few cheap. I bought a refurbished Lenovo from there a year or so ago for right at $300. It popped back up a few times, $20 or so less each time.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

i can't not get that, thanks for the link B!

Comment

Working...
                            X