Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Cisco VoIP geniuses here? Network Engineers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Cisco VoIP geniuses here? Network Engineers???

Having an issue at work with 911 dialing. Anyone want to assist?

Use your mobile phone? Or call 1911 instead?

Try - http://voip.about.com/od/servicesand...s/a/got911.htm
    WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Mikecobra302 View Post
      Having an issue at work with 911 dialing. Anyone want to assist?
      ours was doing that one time. Any number we dialed went to 911.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Not exactly the answer the company is looking for. We are liable for all employees here and should an accident occur, and they can't reach 911 from their desk, we are held liable. So it's not cool at work right now.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          ours was doing that one time. Any number we dialed went to 911.
          We changed our prefix dialing to "8" a while back, too many false 911 calls with 9 as the prefix.

So if we dial 8-911 the Call manager is translating that to 9911 and we jsut get a fast busy.....

Comment

So, what happens when you call 811? lol

Comment

I'm dabble in a bit in that stuff. I can put you in touch with someone, but unable to work it directly due to doing another implementation. It'll have to be on a T&E contract though.

Do you have ANYONE on-staff that works on the system? These things don't typically just change and break on their own. Any details on what is happening?

Also, I build my systems so 9911 and 911 work, have you tried it both ways? (or prefix with whatever you use for external dialing.) Some people implement so only one or the other works.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I saw you're post above.

With a phone on speaker - press 8, wait a sec, 9, wait a sec, 1, ...etc Does it fast busy AFTER the last "1" is pressed or before? 3, 4 or more digits internal? Any that begin with 8?

Trying to ascertain if it is a dial plan problem or gateway issue.

Edit: Also, since liability is a concern - recommend stickers on the phone saying 8.911 is needed.
                Last edited by ceyko; 09-06-2012, 03:47 PM.

Comment

We fixed it. Apparently there was an expression the the router that was sending the 911 calls to a SIP trunk we havne't been using for a few months now. I do day to day work on the call manager, don't dabble in the telecomm routing at all. Our Telecomm engineer was out today. So apparently when the SIP trunk was removed no one bothered to test 911 like they should have and it's been broke since then. can you say LUCKY there wasn't an emeregency here????

Comment

Originally posted by Mikecobra302 View Post
                    We fixed it. Apparently there was an expression the the router that was sending the 911 calls to a SIP trunk we havne't been using for a few months now. I do day to day work on the call manager, don't dabble in the telecomm routing at all. Our Telecomm engineer was out today. So apparently when the SIP trunk was removed no one bothered to test 911 like they should have and it's been broke since then. can you say LUCKY there wasn't an emeregency here????
                    I've been working for about 15 years now and don't ever recall an amberlamps showing up to any place I've worked at. I wouldn't say you were lucky to have an accident or fortunate. I would say that's normal as fuck.
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                      I've been working for about 15 years now and don't ever recall an amberlamps showing up to any place I've worked at. I wouldn't say you were lucky to have an accident or fortunate. I would say that's normal as fuck.
                      When you're responsible for the telephone systems, 911/E911..etc you don't feel that way. I've worked stupid hours fighting with carriers in the past to make sure they had correct addresses...etc just to be sure 911 was 100% functional before I left the site and approved the implementation.

Comment

Working...
                      X