Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll just leave this right here.

http://future-iphone.com/#5

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.
    Last edited by Tx Redneck; 09-14-2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      Round 1: Siri vs. Google Now.... Don't care
      Round 2: Google Maps vs. Apple Maps.... I'll D/L Google Maps
      Round 3: Android Beam vs. Shared Photo Stream.... don't use this shit
      Round 4: Safari vs. Google Chrome.... I don't hate Safari, but it's not very good
      Round 5: Google's Camera and Gallery vs. Apple's Camera with Panorama.... I use the camera for taking pics of shit my IP4 did this fine, I'm sure the new one will be better
      Round 6: Google Notifications vs. Apple's Notification Center.... have never used this
      Round 7: Apple's new Phone app vs. Google's Phone app... iPhone is a good phone, as is the Android. Fair enough
      Round 8: Google's App Store vs. Apple's App Store.... I use Cydia unless the app is free soooooo
      Round 9: Accessibility features... I can see and hear just fine
      Round 10: FaceTime vs. Google Hangout... my Facetime has worked over cellular for over a year already and I rarely use it anyway

good write-up for the Droid folks and the 98% of iPhone users I suppose

Comment

• My iphone plays video games on the shitter just fine, thank you.
        It also rocks my pandora app on the workbench in a most excellent manner.
        I get to browse the web quicker than most of the computers here at work.
        It fits in my pocket nicely.

However, I still ain't buying shit!!

Comment

• I like Android because I don't have to pay Apple $100 a year to develop apps for my own devices.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• That's a definite plus.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
              Round 1: Siri vs. Google Now.... Don't care
              Round 2: Google Maps vs. Apple Maps.... I'll D/L Google Maps
              Round 3: Android Beam vs. Shared Photo Stream.... don't use this shit
              Round 4: Safari vs. Google Chrome.... I don't hate Safari, but it's not very good
              Round 5: Google's Camera and Gallery vs. Apple's Camera with Panorama.... I use the camera for taking pics of shit my IP4 did this fine, I'm sure the new one will be better
              Round 6: Google Notifications vs. Apple's Notification Center.... have never used this
              Round 7: Apple's new Phone app vs. Google's Phone app... iPhone is a good phone, as is the Android. Fair enough
              Round 8: Google's App Store vs. Apple's App Store.... I use Cydia unless the app is free soooooo
              Round 9: Accessibility features... I can see and hear just fine
              Round 10: FaceTime vs. Google Hangout... my Facetime has worked over cellular for over a year already and I rarely use it anyway

good write-up for the Droid folks and the 98% of iPhone users I suppose
              Basically, i read this as "I do so much little shit with a phone that they all do exactly what i need."
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                no open sores, no thank you.
                fixed

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  I like Android because I don't have to pay Apple $100 a year to develop apps for my own devices.
                  I haven't paid for an app yet lol. have had my 4S since 10/11.

btw, whatcha talking bout?
                  HD Parts
                  paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                    $1 at AT&T.
                    I will never ever ever go back to at&t. ever. ever. ever. they can change their name from cingular, but they're still the same bastard company. fuck them. unlimited nights and weekends? lol. ha.
                    HD Parts
                    paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

• Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post

Did you see the part about developing apps?
                      Slow moving projects
                      1964 C10 350/700r4
                      1992 LX 5.0

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                        Basically, i read this as "I do so much little shit with a phone that they all do exactly what i need."
                        Essentially that's correct. Now, if it is at all possible, with a non-biased opinion, if I asked you what phone would be good for someone like me, what would you say?

Needs:
                        Fast
                        Reliable
                        Pandora
                        Bluetooth
                        Maps
                        Email
                        Text
                        Decent camera
                        Internet
                        Don't want a purse to carry it in
                        On AT&T

Suggest a couple phones I should consider

Comment

• The SGS2 is a smaller phone that performs well, the SGS2SR is slightly larger w/a 1.5Ghz dual core vs 1.2 of the SGS2. The SGS3 is a little bit larger w/a newer dual core S4 Krait cpu vs the S3 of teh SGS2/SR, it has more ram, 2Gigs vs 700 some-odd MB and LTE.

All three are fast, reliable and do everything you're looking for plus the SGS3 has a zero shutter lag camera.

Here's a side by side size comparison of the sgs2/sgs3/ip4.

Comment

• Originally posted by kanetrain View Post
                            Ordered 2 for the wife and I. Haters gonna hate.
                            Ditto. 64 gig for me (work pays for it) and 16 gig for the wife ordered Friday morning. I keep buying them because they just plain work and work easy. I have too many other complexities in life to jack with figuring what are safe apps, updates, kernels (whatever the hell that is) to mess with anything else.
                            Ford
                            GM
                            Toyota
                            VAG

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                              I primarily use mine to talk, text, email, and I stream a SHIT TON of Pandora. Almost 2 hours a day. I've also been jailbroken since the first jailbreak was available, and never really had an issue.

Most of the battery issues I hear come from 4S users, not sure why that is though. I'm guessing they have shit on that that don't need that is draining their battery.

The 5 is 4G LTE (finally); Twice the RAM than the 4S; faster processor, bigger screen (finally); better audio quality; and has a better camera than before, which wasn't so bad.

I'm sure the Galaxy S III is great, but I'm good with what I have. Call me a sheep or whatever, but I work in the technology field and we have 20+ employees, only 3 of them don't have iPhones and not a single person has a droid. In fact, 3 or 4 of them went from Droids to iPhones and love them.
                              No need to argue with the minions. This phone is 10x what the last one was. Imo the 4S should have been this phone, but Apple had to pad their stock. I've never had an Iphone, but I ordered a 64gb yesterday morning. I'm pretty excited about it just because of the processor, retina display for video playback of my bd's on itunes, and 4G. If BB had released a real 4G before now though, I'd probably have another blackberry. I've loved both the BB's I've had recently. Oh well I have 4 lines, if they make a sick ass phone Ill prob get one of those too.

Btw, are you a Creston dealer? I was at the Almo show Thursday and they said Creston has a new system that you can use your ipad to control the entire Theater, lights etc... If this new iphone will do it as well, I want the Creston interface stat.

Comment

• Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post

Google charges $25 one time to become a registered Android developer and put your apps in the market. You don't have to pay anything to develop and test apps on your own devices, or distribute apps outside of the market.

Apple charges $100 a year to become a registered iOS developer. Without becoming a registered developer, you can't even test apps on your own device (although you can test them on the emulators they provide with the SDK).
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X