Samsung Galaxy S3 gripes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Galaxy S3 gripes...

Love this phone... with the exception of three issues....

1. The stock SMS/MMS app sucks. When someone sends me a picture, it comes through as a photo slide show. Cant zoom in or view the attached pic in full screen unless I save it first. Sure there are aftermarket apps like gosms, and handscent, but I cant seem to warm up to them.

2. No ability to send a video clip via MMS unless it was recorded specifically for that purpose... the iPhone can record in full quality, and send a portion of that video via MMS. With this phone, you can either record in HD and not send any of it, or record in shit mode and send it. Why would I want to run around recording everything in shit mode just to be able to send it IF I get something worth sending?? It'd be nice to be able to record in HD, and if I send a section of a clip, it will compress it into shit mode to send but retain the HD version.

3. My screen rotation sticks sometimes. Can't get it out of landscape mode without restarting.

Other than that, I love the phone. Very nice, fast, and feature packed.

Just my .02

1. GoSMS? I love it.
    2. Should be a mod for this, my Evo was restricted until someone modddddd it.
    2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Time to switch...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmp5dgzeZuk[/ame]
      2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
        Love this phone... with the exception of three issues....

2. No ability to send a video clip via MMS unless it was recorded specifically for that purpose... the iPhone can record in full quality, and send a portion of that video via MMS. With this phone, you can either record in HD and not send any of it, or record in shit mode and send it. Why would I want to run around recording everything in shit mode just to be able to send it IF I get something worth sending?? It'd be nice to be able to record in HD, and if I send a section of a clip, it will compress it into shit mode to send but retain the HD version.

Just my .02
        My gf and i found this out ourselves recently on her S3. She wasn't very happy.

Comment

to the op, stock launcher?

my messaging rocks, sms picture messages, use go sms or options -> download attachments -> view in gallery?

never had to send someone a video, but I will try it.
          Last edited by roliath; 09-25-2012, 10:11 AM. Reason: not sure why I had that in quotes

Comment

The slideshow thing is on every android phone I have run across and I agree, its one of my biggest gripes about the Android OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
              The slideshow thing is on every android phone I have run across and I agree, its one of my biggest gripes about the Android OS.
              yep its pretty stupid.

Comment

Doesn't come across that way on my Galaxy Nexus, I get individual pics.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

it's with the ui that is being used, not the os.

Doesn't happen with stock android.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    Doesn't come across that way on my Galaxy Nexus, I get individual pics.
                    you have a nexus? i'm jealous, I wish I would have gotten one of those instead of my s3.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                      you have a nexus? i'm jealous, I wish I would have gotten one of those instead of my s3.
                      Is it such a good thing? From my understanding, Samsung is no longer getting support from Google in regards to android updates for the Nexus.
                      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                        Unlock bootloader and install cm 9 or 10. Same thing as nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                          Is it such a good thing? From my understanding, Samsung is no longer getting support from Google in regards to android updates for the Nexus.
                          It's not samsung that isn't getting support, it's verizon/sprint for their cdma needs.
                          Gsm version still gets full support and updates the day they're released.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            It's not samsung that isn't getting support, it's verizon/sprint for their cdma needs.
                            Gsm version still gets full support and updates the day they're released.
                            Just realized I've had the Jelly Bean update sitting there waiting for install.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                              it's with the ui that is being used, not the os.

Doesn't happen with stock android.
                              It did it on my Nexus One, Moto Atrix, LG Thrill and now my wifes new S3. My N1 was as vanilla as they comes but it was obviously on a older version of Android.

Comment

Working...
                              X