Air Cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Cards?

Looking to get an air card, ideally I'd like no contract and decent coverage. I use ATT for my phone but am not adverse to using another service for the air card. Any good/bad experiences out there? Any to stay away from?

I had sprint back in the day. Back when 3g was the new thing. Used it on my laptop while I was driving OTR trucks worked 99% of the time I'm sure they have gotten better since.

XBL Tag = veight7

Comment

The only way an air card is worthwhile is with an unlimited data plan and an amplifier, I have been on grandfathered verizon for over 3 years now with not many positive things to say.

Comment

What KIND of phone is your primary phone? As far as I know all iPhones and Android phones have the ability to basically do the same thing.

Was there a particular reason you wanted a card as opposed to using a phone? Asking, just to validate. Past that, generally speaking a card is a card. Analyze coverage areas and pick your carrier and 3g vs 4g
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

If you do get one, get a Mifi, so you aren't restricted to one device plus you can hang it by the window for better service. If you have a smartphone, just root it and use an app to do tether.
          2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Thanks guys, I have an iphone currently and I wanted to keep it separate because in my mind if I have two devices running off the same internet i.e. using the phone and the laptop at the same time, the internet will be slow. Another reason would be so that I could have two different services in case I hit a no reception area.

Aceman, what do you mean an amplifier?

I mainly want this for when I go storm chasing, makes it easier to use a radar on laptop, submit reports, etc than a phone. Also helps to have multiple devices operating. It would come in handy for other things as well like school and photography, but storm chasing would be the main reason

Comment

Since you have an ATT phone, I'd recommend a Verizon device then if that's what you want to do. The reason being is in my travels (generally 500 mile radius of DFW) anytime my Verizon phone has reception problems - the ATT/iPhone folks are good to go and vice-versa.

Just keep them both turn-up (both broadcasting to be connected to) and swap between them when having issues. Although, in those crazy storms you're dealing with there are a lot of anomalies that could potentially cause complete loss of service - however I'm sure you realize that one.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

without an amplifier 3g is completely useless outside of dallas.

Comment

I have one through att.... I liked it for travels.

Comment

Ceyko, yeah thats kind of what I had in mind. Yeah the storms coupled with high volumes of driving in outlying areas makes for bad reception lol.

Aceman, thanks. Will definitely be looking into getting that!

Comment

Working...
                    X