Nook color question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nook color question

My dad recently got a nook color and was under the impression that he could download books from freebookspot.es.

Does he need an app to be able to do this or is he locked in to purchasing from Barnes and Noble?

I've tried searching in what little spare time I have, but the googles are overrun with BnN crap.

This what you're looking for?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

It might be. I'm not exactly a wizard with this type of shit, so I'm not entirely sure.

Will this allow him to download books that other people have uploaded to any fileshare site or is it restricted to the three they list?

Comment

I think it allows all file types to be used instead of just the file type that BnN uses..
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I'll have to get a translator to check this out for me to make sure I'm not setting my dad with something he'll never understand.

It's Greek to me, but dubstep to him.

Comment

If you can get the file in PDF you should be able to side-load it at a minimum.

Comment

That's all he's been downloading are .PDF files. When you say sideload, do you mean put it on a flash drive, plug it in, and view it on the nook?

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                That's all he's been downloading are .PDF files. When you say sideload, do you mean put it on a flash drive, plug it in, and view it on the nook?
                Yeah. Nooks are PDF compatible. I don't have a "color" but could do it with mine. Assuming it takes a flash drive. Otherwise connect the cable to the computer. Instructions for the nook should explain how to view / download PDF files.

I have the Kindle Fire and only use that now though.

Comment

I'll see if I can get him to relinquish control of his nook so that I can follow the directions. I just went through his books that he's downloaded onto his computer and only one is an actual .PDF. LOL!! He's been downloading all kinds of shit under the guise of it being the proper format.

Sounds like a full scan of his computer is in order now as well.

Comment

Here, quick google:

NOOK

There are two ways to load eBooks onto your NOOK (called sideloading): by connecting your NOOK to your PC or Mac and copying the files over, or by copying the files to a MicroSD card and inserting that card into your NOOK. We will explain how to sideload eBooks with your NOOK connected directly to your computer.
                    • Connect your NOOK to your computer using a USB cable. Microsoft Windows users will see the NOOK appear as a new drive in My Computer (you'll see an additional drive if you have a MicroSD card inserted in your NOOK). Mac users will see a NOOK drive on their desktop.
                    • Copy the EPUB file from its location on your computer to the My Files\Books folder in the NOOK window.
                    • On your NOOK, tap from the Quiv Nav bar, tap Library and tap the sync button to refresh your NOOK's My Documents folder.
                    Note that the covers of sideloaded books will not be displayed in the Library
                    Should be basically the same for PDFs but they may go into "documents" instead of into the library.

Comment

I don't believe he got a good file. I tried the .PDF and the EPUB, but nothing opens properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                        I don't believe he got a good file. I tried the .PDF and the EPUB, but nothing opens properly.
                        Can you view the PDF on the computer? If so it should work.. Do some googling for troubleshooting. May need an update for it's viewer or something.

Comment

No. The properties show it to be an adobe acrobat .PDF, but the adobe reader in his computer doesn't recognize it. He was prompted for an update as soon as he had WIFI.

Comment

Working...
                          X