How to delete partitions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to delete partitions?

I have a desktop that has 2 copies of Vista and a copy of XP saved on it. Is it possible to delete 2 of the 3 operating systems and leave one intact or do I have to format the whole thing and go from there? I could use all the help I can get on this
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Same harddrive? If so, I would backup the data and start fresh.
    2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Yes, same hard drive. Evidently I was having issues at one point and said fuck it and kept adding new operating systems.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

It is very possible. Google "partitioning software". I used to use "Partition Magic" for just this purpose. However, that was WAY back in the DOS/95/NT 4x days and haven't messed w/ it in for ever. If it were me and there wasn't any real data on the drive, and I wanted it all for a new OS, I'd just delete all the partitions and reinstall.

I have to assume you're familiar w/ the impacts, warnings, etc of modifying partitions. If not, then stop NOW.
        Good luck.
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
        X