Current Gaming Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    From a technical/graphics perspective. I personally believe the PS3 sacrificed too much aiming for a 1080p resolution/target. The system always appears taxed and can never seem to maintain a reasonable FPS in many games. The Xbox runs at 720p and applies more shaders to smooth out the visuals while still maintaining a good consistent smooth framerate. That's one of my major complaints against the PS3.

Well look at this technical mofo.

Comment

If you wanna play games, get an xbox 360. If you want a really nice media system get a ps3. Even if you want to play online, paying for xbox live is better than the shittiness of the PSN.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Xbox seems to have surpassed PS3 in terms of racing sims. I really enjoy Forza, I've been playing it since the original. The older PGR (excluding PGR4) are also really good racing games too.
        lolz at Forza being a racing sim. GT5 doesn't really count, but it's a helluvalot better than Forza's arcade physics.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          lolz at Forza being a racing sim. GT5 doesn't really count, but it's a helluvalot better than Forza's arcade physics.
          I like how you discredit forza using no evidence and simultaneously discredit gt5 (its competitor) and seemingly add nothing to the discussion. And as for forza, I get the feeling you're playing with all the driving assists on since I haven't heard anyone make that complaint (except ps3 players that have never played it).
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Oooooh burn son. !!!
            Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Okay, I'm buying an XBox. What should I get as far as accessories that don't come with it, and what racing/war games do you guys recommend, aside from Forza since it comes with it. I'm doing the 250GB Holiday Bundle.

Comment

Comes with all you need. Maybe an extra controller. Games? What are you used to playing. War? Battlefield 3 or black ops 2 and halo 4 are popular right now. Start ur Xbox live account with the Xbox and you get first month fre
                Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  Okay, I'm buying an XBox. What should I get as far as accessories that don't come with it, and what racing/war games do you guys recommend, aside from Forza since it comes with it. I'm doing the 250GB Holiday Bundle.
                  Battlefield 3, Halo 4, Skyrim, Borderlands (both 1 and 2). Those are the games I'm playing right now. I don't have Forza at the moment, but I played 1, 2, 3, and the demo of 4. Skip Forza Horizon, it kinda sucks.

If you like music games, just get whichever the newest Rock Band or Guitar Hero you want an an extra guitar. Maybe buy the bundle if you want to play the drums on it, too; it's kinda fun. The bundle also comes with a microphone (less fun than drums/guitar).

Comment

The system I'm getting comes with Skyrim and Forza.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      The system I'm getting comes with Skyrim and Forza.
                      Skyrim does not have multiplayer, and you might get bored of Forza multiplayer, so I would get something like Battlefield 3 and/or Borderlands 2, as well.

Edit: You could get Call of Duty Black Ops II, but it depends on what kind of game style you like. COD for fast-paced, close-quarters combat. BF3 for larger maps, vehicles, longer games, and longer-range combat (I enjoy it more).

Comment

I have a wii, ps3, and xbox
                        <------- watch out.. baller over here!

seriously i like the wii the best as the games are easy. If i had to choose only 1 system it would be the ps3 because its my bluray player.

<----- doesnt play vid games..
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Forza is pretty frickin' addicting..

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                            Battlefield 3, Halo 4, Skyrim, Borderlands (both 1 and 2). Those are the games I'm playing right now. I don't have Forza at the moment, but I played 1, 2, 3, and the demo of 4. Skip Forza Horizon, it kinda sucks.

If you like music games, just get whichever the newest Rock Band or Guitar Hero you want an an extra guitar. Maybe buy the bundle if you want to play the drums on it, too; it's kinda fun. The bundle also comes with a microphone (less fun than drums/guitar).
                            I agree with everything above, that is exactly what I would recommend.

If you were in theory to get this console. It would probably seem only proper to break said console in with a small get together.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

is the newest xbox's fan quieter than the first gens? i hated mine because it was so loud

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                                is the newest xbox's fan quieter than the first gens?
                                Yes

Comment

Working...
                                X