Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you recommended for an IT certification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UCCX work/certs/training is fun though. If you can learn the voice side there are very few people who know UCCX scripting which is why vendors can up charge those hours a fair amount.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      UCCX work/certs/training is fun though. If you can learn the voice side there are very few people who know UCCX scripting which is why vendors can up charge those hours a fair amount.
      I am the backup uccx guy now with no real training, I wish I knew more but so far I get by with what I can and bug the primary guy a lot.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I am in the CCNA Security and CCNP Routing classes. They didn't have voice this semester. My teacher has businesses contacting him looking for people, so I should be ok finding a job.

Comment

congrats.

i was looking over the subjects they test over now-a-days and it seems like they've gotten a lot of the legacy crap out of there. as i seem to recall apple talk and dial up modems a lot from a decade ago.

you might as well try and find a job that will reimburse you for your cert tests as you study and pass them. but any experience you gain at this point will be invaluable, because most employers i've worked for would rather hire someone with experience than any cert or degree.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
            Thanks everyone. I am in the CCNA Security and CCNP Routing classes. They didn't have voice this semester. My teacher has businesses contacting him looking for people, so I should be ok finding a job.
            That's awesome! What material are you guys using for those classes?

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              1st, congrats. Out of 20 people who say "I'm getting my CCNA" (Much less the other certs) maybe 1 does.

IMHO, Todd Lammle's anything Cisco related is a great bang for the buck. Books, classes...etc. I came back from overseas, dumped money on the CCNP boot camp to help make sure I got a job. Admittedly, you'd be a lot worst off without experience - but they are good at working extra with people who need it.

Standard training classes I still recommend Global Knowledge though.
              Funny you bring Todd up I work with him.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                Good for you, man. I'm proud of you. I'm in the process of doing this myself. Hope it helps you with your career! Keep us posted!
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by DFWminis View Post
                  Funny you bring Todd up I work with him.
                  Over in Addison or consulting?
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                    You will either find a job building things, or keeping them running. Or a mix in between in
                    Which is and will be more in demand?

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
                      Which is and will be more in demand?
                      Both. Also keep in mind with rate things are growing at least 50% of the tech jobs that will be available in 10 years don't exist yet.
                      WRX

Comment

certifications? lol

Comment

Working...
                        X