New xbox unveiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    That ain't no shit. I remember when games were hard, and there were no spawn points. You had to start the whole level over again.
    Games are harder and levels are a lot longer than they used to be though. Dying in mario might set you back 3 minutes. Dying in Halo can set you back half an hour.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      PC.
      I already have a pretty fast gaming rig, but I don't have the time to put up with drivers, updates, various problem that arise being on pc. I just like to sit down and play a game.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
        I already have a pretty fast gaming rig, but I don't have the time to put up with drivers, updates, various problem that arise being on pc. I just like to sit down and play a game.
        That's why I enjoyed the Xbox 360 for a long time. Then I bought a gaming laptop and haven't touched my Xbox for anything other than Netflix in the last 8 months

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          That ain't no shit. I remember when games were hard, and there were no spawn points. You had to start the whole level over again.
          Well, yeah, that is because the games were actually only about an hour long, but they had to keep you coming back. Some of the games that I remember owning or renting because they were too goddamned expensive to buy. As for the PC, it was as simple as borrowing it from the rich kid that got everything.

Super Mario 1, 3, World.
          Super Mario Kart
          Contra
          Double Dragon
          Battletoads
          Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2.
          Super Metroid
          Zelda: A link to the past and Ocarina of time
          Daggerfall and Morrowind
          Doom
          Hexen
          Duke Nukem 3d
          Jedi Knight
          Half Life
          Unreal Tournament

All of these games were original, they had little to no DRM, they had depth, overall, they kicked utter ass. They had secrets to be found that actually helped you, rather than giving you a stupid achievement. The rehashed games at least added features and depth.

Dont get me wrong either, they are still making GREAT games, but the majority is just tweaking the last game a little bit and calling it new.

Comment

• Every zelda game since a link to the past has followed gte same basic storyline. Battletoads IS Double Dragon hen e the collaboration game, Doom is wolfenstein 3D, Hexen is Doom. I'm now convinced you're just some hipster that doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Comment

• I see a bleak launch for xb1 and ps4. I'll be waiting until they can ship the consoles with a valid OS. Another case of rushing the product to the public and let you beta test it at your own expense. Essentially ps4 and xb1 are bricks out of the box.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                Every zelda game since a link to the past has followed gte same basic storyline. Battletoads IS Double Dragon heorghe collaboration game, Doom is wolfenstein 3D, Hexen is Doom. I'm now convinced you're just some hipster that doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.
                The Zelda games have all added new things to the mix and expanded upon the ideas. The story might be the same, but the gameplay changed dramatically between A link to the past and Ocarina of time. Don't even get me started on Majora's Mask either.

Every FPS from that era has the same basic roots, but they all had different things added to them. They were limited by the technology at the time, so they had to make up for it by the characters, making the enemies unique, and better level design.

Wolfenstien and Doom are definitely related in every way and the comparison could be made to the COD crap except for the fact that there was one wolfenstien and two doom games. How many COD games have come out that are the exact same as the last one? Duke3d is in there too, but they were the first to actually have a personality for their character, not just some nameless guy.

If you are comparing Hexen to Doom, then I know that you have never actually played Hexen. Three different characters to play from, each with their own strengths, medieval setting, items that can be used, and actual puzzles.

I did make an error with the BT/DD since they were the same game, just reskinned.

Comment

• Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                  I see a bleak launch for xb1 and ps4. I'll be waiting until they can ship the consoles with a valid OS. Another case of rushing the product to the public and let you beta test it at your own expense. Essentially ps4 and xb1 are bricks out of the box.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...175738190.html
                  I'm guessing there will be a lot of folks all lined up for it - but with the life of a console gaming system - it is sensible to way 2-3 years for one if you can. Kinks are worked out and like a significant decrease in pricing with more features.

I won't lie, I WANT to line up for one or order it online right away...but I won't.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Half the people lining up are trying to resell them for a profit. Made a whole lot of profit when the ps3 came out, not so much with 360 but enough.

This time I'm not going to even try the market will become seriously flooded

Comment

• Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                      I see a bleak launch for xb1 and ps4. I'll be waiting until they can ship the consoles with a valid OS. Another case of rushing the product to the public and let you beta test it at your own expense. Essentially ps4 and xb1 are bricks out of the box.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...175738190.html
                      I kinda doubt it will be a bleak launch. Both consoles are pretty much sold out online. The only way to get one now is to line up at the store. I predict both will be sold out within a week.

However it is pretty damn piss poor quality control to be selling these thing malfunctioning out of the box. I'm planning to buy an xbone but I won't be in any rush to get one. I'll probably wait until January or February.

Comment

• Oh yea you're right about that. They will sell out, but will have shit tons of problems. I sold both my preorders today.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Sony just announced that they reserve the right to any online gaming footage, messages, and videos. Power to the players?

Updated Software Usage Terms say PlayStation maker can collect voice and text data to enforce Terms and to comply with law.

Comment

• Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but will people playing multiplayer games on the One be able to play with people using the 360? I read or heard something yesterday about it being 2 totally separate networks, so Ones can't play with 360s. I can't imagine they would do that, but after all of the crap Xbox has done it wouldn't totally surprise me.

Also, has anybody seen anything about whether the current headsets will work on the One? I've looked all over and can't find a definitive answer. I'm going to be PISSED if I can't use my TB XP510's on the One.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                              Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but will people playing multiplayer games on the One be able to play with people using the 360? I read or heard something yesterday about it being 2 totally separate networks, so Ones can't play with 360s. I can't imagine they would do that, but after all of the crap Xbox has done it wouldn't totally surprise me.

Also, has anybody seen anything about whether the current headsets will work on the One? I've looked all over and can't find a definitive answer. I'm going to be PISSED if I can't use my TB XP510's on the One.
                              very likely seperate networks just like regular xbox and 360 networks on the games that came around the same time.

Headsets should still work as long as they are the wireless type. Have not seen the plug on new xbox yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                                very likely seperate networks just like regular xbox and 360 networks on the games that came around the same time.
                                Yeah, but the technology has come a long way since then. Assuming you're right, I will be able to chat with my friends I have with 360s from my One, but not play games with them. Right? That'll suck because the majority of my friends aren't planning on getting a One any time soon.

Headsets should still work as long as they are the wireless type. Have not seen the plug on new xbox yet.
                                Why would wireless work, but not wired? I don't understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X