New xbox unveiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by momo View Post
    but don't mind me, my mouse keyboard controls are probably vastly different from most peoples unless you were a quake child on the PC.
    Yep... its control and game play that makes me aggravated. BF4 plays nothing like quake.

Mouse, Keyboard, and the rail gun. I used to be unstoppable.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

• Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
      Then you remove your control from the controller and reaction time suffers.

I used to, back when I played every day for a few hours, had my mouse be high on sensitivity. Games were also a lot more fast paced then they like BF/COD.

Some of it I'm sure is I'm not even a "causal" gamer anymore, I just play a couple hours a week if that. Fact remains the mouse will always have a quicker response and more accurate then a joystick.
      I can see where that could slow you down. Personally I'm more comfortable with a gamepad but I'm faster with a keyboard and mouse and that's only because you're very limited with sensitivity settings on consoles. Even when you add in a "turbo" controller, they don't seem to work as well on consoles as gaming mice do on computers.

Originally posted by momo View Post
      it's a personal thing. right thumb for aim/look feels like it has a tremendous lack of precision especially when combined with movement. it's a similar in feeling to throwing a ball with your off hand. very awkward which turns into frustration.

in terms of game pads, i've spent 20+ years using left hand as movement and right as functions. while this is nothing new (ps2 and beyond have had these setups) i have never gotten use to dual thumb sticking. i'm sure i would have this same disaster on pc if it had two analog controls but luckily one hand has buttons.

but don't mind me, my mouse keyboard controls are probably vastly different from most peoples unless you were a quake child on the PC.
      I gotcha, I guess it's similar for me with all these sports games using a joystick for the fancy moves when compared to the old school button that spins, jukes, sprints, etc...

You'd be surprised when it comes to keyboard controls for games. I remap nearly every key for every game I play.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by momo View Post
        it's a personal thing. right thumb for aim/look feels like it has a tremendous lack of precision especially when combined with movement. it's a similar in feeling to throwing a ball with your off hand. very awkward which turns into frustration.

in terms of game pads, i've spent 20+ years using left hand as movement and right as functions. while this is nothing new (ps2 and beyond have had these setups) i have never gotten use to dual thumb sticking. i'm sure i would have this same disaster on pc if it had two analog controls but luckily one hand has buttons.

That must mean you use the arrow keys for movement. When Quake1 was first release, no one used mouses for movement, it was all keyboard. Arrow keys, space to jump, ctrl to fire...I remember in a later patch they enabled +mlook 1 so you could use your mouse to aim. It was completely foreign to everyone. It was mindblowing immersion. You could aim rockets are the ground now for splash damage.
        Last edited by CJ; 11-25-2013, 11:31 AM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• first time I played battle field and I tried to rocket jump i was pissed!
          "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

• FYI, they can hear you through connect on live games haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
              That must mean you use the arrow keys for movement. When Quake1 was first release, no one used mouses for movement, it was all keyboard. Arrow keys, space to jump, ctrl to fire...I remember in a later patch they enabled +mlook 1 so you could use your mouse to aim. It was completely foreign to everyone. It was mindblowing immersion. You could aim rockets are the ground now for splash damage.
              Switching from Z-X-Space-ctrl-arrows to wsad and mouse was one of the hardest things that I ever had to do. Now I cant switch back.

Comment

• These games take forever to install.
                WRX

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                  These games take forever to install.
                  Yep, my only complaint so far...
                  Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

• Is it the install or the download?
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      Is it the install or the download?
                      Both, COD had a 1.1GB update, took about 15 minutes or so to download with the "install" progress showing 0%, then the game installs to about 45% took an additonal 25 minutes, it then lets you start playing while it completes the install.

Even if you have physical media, the game has to install.

If you purchase online (no price break) you can start the game obviously without a disk, if you have the disk, it must be in the console to play.

They really should give a price break on downloaded games. It was cheaper for me to buy COD at walmart for 49.99 than online for 59.99.
                      WRX

Comment

• I've always agreed with that too. The only reasons I use steam is for their old and cheap games, plus no media. Their new releases are just the same - stupid expensive.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• They take less time than they did on the 360 to install. Plus, depending on the game it'll let you start when it gets installed a certain %.

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                            Both, COD had a 1.1GB update, took about 15 minutes or so to download with the "install" progress showing 0%, then the game installs to about 45% took an additonal 25 minutes, it then lets you start playing while it completes the install.

Even if you have physical media, the game has to install.

If you purchase online (no price break) you can start the game obviously without a disk, if you have the disk, it must be in the console to play.

They really should give a price break on downloaded games. It was cheaper for me to buy COD at walmart for 49.99 than online for 59.99.
                            Just gives them a little higher profit margin for the icing on top....

Less overhead = same cost? I guess that is what some folks are calling capitalism
                            Originally posted by Sean88gt
                            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• Just downloaded CoD Ghost cause i had the $9.99 upgrade from 360 to One from Xbox Live. It was 41gigs and took 5 hours to download.

heck i was looking and most games to download are 28-40 gigs
                              92 Undercover SSP Coupe.
                              15 GT w/PP

Comment

• wtf...what size HDD comes on the One?
                                2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X