No announcement yet.

New xbox unveiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boohoo. I don't give two shits about all the new rules. I'll be buying it. Who cares if Kinect wants to watch me hold the sausage hostage? Who doesn't?
    2012 GT500

Comment

• ^ lol
      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Well, because I paid $7.95 for fallout new vegas, and if it was up to Bethesda, I would have paid $29.99 for it.
        Couldn't have said it better.

To expand, i'm sure there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of people who have consoles and zero internet connectivity. With this new policy in place, they've pretty much fucked that market.

I like this quote.
        Halo saved Microsoft at the start of their gaming career. It will not be enough this time.
        Last edited by roliath; 06-11-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
          Couldn't have said it better.

To expand, i'm sure there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of people who have consoles and zero internet connectivity. With this new policy in place, they've pretty much fucked that market.
          Yep, they've become the Abercrombie & Fitch of the console companies.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Yes. What is their purpose when you're dealing with a console? There is none, they are obsolete. Steam makes sense for the PC, because there is no defined distributor, but for the console there is - microsoft. So developers/publishers can submit their content directly to microsoft, and microsoft acts as the distributor, allowing the developer/publisher to set the price directly.
            Rgr, I get stuck on PC gaming and you were talking console.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• I have never bought a Playstation other than the very first one when they came out, and have purchased every Xbox so far, but won't be buying another one.

Ex-Xbox phanboi here.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• I put this in the other thread, but I'll put it here, too:

You know what bothers me the most, is that it feels like Microsoft is forgetting why they got into the console business with the xbox: the gamers. The reveal was such a fucking joke. Ooooh look you can watch TV with it, and we added new and different gestures for Kinect! Look, it's even fully integrated with ESPN and you can look at your dumb fantasy leagues while watching sports! You wanna see games at the reveal? Sorry, you'll have to wait until E3, because we are focusing more on the media aspect than the games on this GAME CONSOLE.

My laptop already does all that shit, minus the gestures, which I couldn't care less about. I don't buy a game console for fancy media features, so the fact that they are using this sort of DRM bullshit licensing method is really just the icing on the cake as to why I'm switching from xbox to the PS4.

Comment

• Wow... just wow!

Xbox chief: we have a product for people who can't get online, it's called Xbox 360
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    Wow... just wow!
                    quote the source damn you!

Did you think the Xbox 360 was being kept around just for the budget market? It turns out Microsoft's got another sort of customer in mind for the revamped last-gen hardware: the crews of nuclear submarines. Xbox chief Don Mattrick, in response to the backlash over the Xbox One requiring an internet connection, said that "fortunately, we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360." As an example, he referred to a crew member on a nuclear submarine, who would be better off with the 360, as it's an "offline device." The full quotes are after the break, along with the video -- oh, and Sony's message to submarine crews too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzmVcasl3ZU[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                      Why? When are you ever without internet?

Unless you are over in irag on a military base, I really see this as a non issue.

Even my 83 year old Grandma that lives in BFE has "high speed internet."
                      Quite a few rural places still have either dialup or other significantly slower internet access with many places having a cap on usage. An always on Xbox always downloading and uploading is going to eat that up quickly. With PRISM and the always listening system, I can't pull the trigger on this one. If they made it where I could turn off and disconnect the Kinnect, maybe.
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Data caps will prove to be troublesome as well. I've always been a PS3 fan. My son bought an XB360, and I picked up BF3 so I could play online with some friends from here.

I won't be buying the new XBOne, but I will purchase the new Playstation. Many people seem to agree. They (MS) are going to lose a drastic amount of market share over their arrogance with this new pile of shit. And Sony knows that. I hope all of this doesn't cause Sony to scale back on performance due to this.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          Quite a few rural places still have either dialup or other significantly slower internet access with many places having a cap on usage. An always on Xbox always downloading and uploading is going to eat that up quickly. With PRISM and the always listening system, I can't pull the trigger on this one. If they made it where I could turn off and disconnect the Kinnect, maybe.
                          Their solution is to use a piece of tape. lmao

Comment

• These POSs are sold out everywhere for preorder.
                            WRX

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                              These POSs are sold out everywhere for preorder.
                              For that same reason that people buy Madden games and COD games... People are idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
                                Their solution is to use a piece of tape. lmao
                                the mic bugs me more than anything. i suppose if someone really is worried about being spied on, they could just unplug it when not in use.

still on the fence about buying one.. if i do it'll be for bf4

Comment

Working...
                                X