Does Sprint. . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Sprint. . . .

Still have shitty delays in their mms and sms sending?
    I haven't had them since 09 when i jumped to att, then eventually to Verizon.

The S4 has me wanting to ditch the DNA and data cap of Verizon and jump to Sprint, but I'm trying to weigh everything out. That was my biggest fucking annoyance with Sprint.
    sigpic

yup!

I've switched to primarily sending sms via Google Voice, nearly instant when on WiFi and is faster than sprint when off WiFi. MMS I don't even try to send that shit anymore, so I just email it.

Dont do it you will hate it.

Comment

I've had two friends, one with an s3 and another with a new s4 send me tests today, and they both came through instantly.
      I was kind of hoping they wouldn't so I would be deterred from getting one.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        I've had two friends, one with an s3 and another with a new s4 send me tests today, and they both came through instantly.
        I was kind of hoping they wouldn't so I would be deterred from getting one.
        I should state that I don't use the stock rom, so maybe its better on the stock rom. I've used paranoid and cm10.1 and I have a gs3. My gs4 won't be here until the end of the month, but its with ATT (work).

I would look at the HTC One.

Comment

My brother, sister and brother in law were on Sprint up until about 6 months ago, and theirs came through instantly most of the time, but hours later or never the rest of the time.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

its up and down with sprint. I have had sprint forever. my last phone evo, it worked great and fast. now my gs3, im not for sure yet. I have major problems at my house. they did send me the airave for free. now I get a perfect signal. but I can not send texts. sometime I can, but very rarely. when I drive a mile down the road works perfectly. and at my house I could get 10 of the same texts. so weird. sprint will be getting a call from me on tues.

Comment

I rarely had problems with my old ass Evo 4G even though I live on the southern edge of the metroplex where 4G doesn't exist. I upgraded about a month ago to the newer Evo 3d for the better hardware and haven't had any issues in 90% of the places I've used data. Occasionally I encounter a tower here and there where the signal is good but data doesn't work or works barely. For the money...even using Sprints 3G and very sparse Wimax 4G service...they still offer better value than AT&T or Verizon.

Comment

you couldn't pay me to go back to sprint. they always have cool phones but reception and the text messages fucking suck! i went to att and cannot be happier. att might cost a bit more but it's worth it

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                  you couldn't pay me to go back to sprint. they always have cool phones but reception and the text messages fucking suck! i went to att and cannot be happier. att might cost a bit more but it's worth it
                  That's the boat i'm in with Verizon right now. After having spring, tmo, att, and now verizon, i am happy paying a little more for what i get.

However, i'm a fucking phone whore, and the bug for the s4 is biting me hard. This is the cheapest way for me to get one, and lose the data caps. Sprint finally having an LTE market, and seeing friends phones work fine in areas that i frequent isn't helping me make up my mind in a logical manner.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't have any issues. I have a custom rom on the HTC one, but I use GoSMS for everything. My buddies have att and verizon and they get them within 30~ seconds.
                    2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

It's crap. If I send a person with sprint an MMS, I better send it twice to make sure they actually get it.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt4m3x View Post
                        I don't have any issues. I have a custom rom on the HTC one, but I use GoSMS for everything. My buddies have att and verizon and they get them within 30~ seconds.
                        You sure?

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                          It's crap. If I send a person with sprint an MMS, I better send it twice to make sure they actually get it.
                          I get MMS all the time, sending them is another question (using default messenger app).

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                            I get MMS all the time, sending them is another question (using default messenger app).
                            I know I've specifically sent my friend two pictures, then went to their apartment and asked if they got the picture, they didn't. I tried sending it again from both of my phones and still nothing went through on their sprint phone.

Comment

I use GO SMS for text and sms (same as I used on my Evo 4g). Lot more options.

Comment

Working...
                              X