Building a new gaming comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a new gaming comp

Trying to keep it around $1500 but this is what I have on newegg so far. If you have suggestions on something better and what not please post up. Ill probably get a external HD for shit but I honestly don't have a lot of shit on my HD's except for the OS and games.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory
    $89.99

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders
    $139.99

Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC064MAG-1G1 2.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    $134.99

ASUS Radeon HD 6950 EAH6950/2DI2S/2GD5 Video Card with Eyefinity
    $299.99

ASUS M4A79T Deluxe ATX DDR3 AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor
    $354.99

Grand Total: $1,019.95

would you get the triple channel performance with only 2 sticks of ddr3?

Comment

See I've been out of the computer building seen for a while so I really have no idea what your talking about LOL. But if it makes it run better, faster, and just plain badass then yes.

Comment

i think for ddr3 you need 3 sticks of memory to take advantage of the triple channel. so you would need 1 more 4gb stick. not 100% though.

Comment

Current AMD chips do not support triple channel.

Are you gonna OC? Are you planning on getting a mech HDD for storage? WHat about your PSU and case and any fans?

Comment

First when do you plan on buying all this? Sandy Bridge just got released, and Bulldozer is said to run circles around 980x's.

Comment

As soon as possible

Comment

Working...
              X