Cisco scoops up security firm Sourcefire for $2.7B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco scoops up security firm Sourcefire for $2.7B

Tech networking firm Cisco says it is acquiring security company Sourcefire in a deal worth $2.7 billion.

In a statement released Tuesday, Hilton Romanski, Cisco's vice president of corporate development, says the Columbia, Md. based company "aligns well" with their broader plans for network security.

"Through our shared view of the critical role the network must play in cybersecurity and threat defense, we have a unique opportunity to deliver the most comprehensive approach to security in the market," says Romanski.

Shares of Sourcefire surged 29% following news of the acquisition. Founded in 2001, the company specializes in network security software for companies and government agencies. It employs more than 650 workers worldwide.

The acquisition is expected to be complete by the second half of this year.

RIP good IDS/IPS. I'm guessing they did this also for L7FW as the current Cisco solution sucks and is not scalable.
    WRX

If I still had my old job, I'd be there until 1 am this morning working on this shit then back in 3 hours later. Fuck that.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      If I still had my old job, I'd be there until 1 am this morning working on this shit then back in 3 hours later. Fuck that.
      New gig treating you well so far?
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
      X