Updating my Samsung Galaxy S2 sgh-i727

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating my Samsung Galaxy S2 sgh-i727

Started with it running 2.3.6 and wanted something better. 3 damn days I have been trying to figure this stuff out. One thing after another since the software is so old.

Downloaded TWRP and CWM
    Through Odin put TWRP into the phone
    Rooted the phone
    Installed Root checkers (it worked)
    Downloaded 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    Downloaded gaap

then after trying and failing, backing up, wiping, restoring all sorts of a dozen times - I figured out that the 4.2.2 needed a more up to date "Radio" (Baseband Version).

Downloaded I727UCMC1 and it let me down load the ROM FINALLY after a day and a half and downloading 20+ files. lol

Now I am in 4.2.2 Jelly Bean..................but fuck all, where the hell did all my apps go? Before I started any of this I did the SMS, APN, Call Log, and Z1 contacts Back Up and Restore. But can't get them to sync over when in 4.2.2

My google play store is no where to be found. All my apps are back to the stock shit they give you.

Haven't even tested to see if the internet works. I was hoping it would have migrated all my stuff like Tapatalk, FB, Yahoo mail etc over. Nope

XDA-developers is the shit. but trying to understand most of it makes my head hurt. I am surprised I didn't brick this thing. hahaha
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

You have to flash gapps to get the play store, maps... Go to goo.im and search for JB gapps, dl and flash in recovery.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      You have to flash gapps to get the play store, maps... Go to goo.im and search for JB gapps, dl and flash in recovery.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.
      I have another gapp downloading right now. I put the phone back to restore before making a bunch of changes and I am just testing until I get it right and with the ROM I like.

Found one people seem to be pleased with called Paranoid Android - Halo. Almost done loading it. There is a specific gapp to use with it. So if they don'e jive it is an error on my end for sure.

I have not tried the Kies yet on my laptop to see if I can restore my other stuff.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
      X