Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those who want CompTIA certifications...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read some bad reviews about that company. They had an entire CCNA course for $99 and I thought that was too good to be true so I called Cisco directly and asked if they were a certified training partner and Cisco claimed they'd never heard of the company and didn't recommend the purchase.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I've never heard of them either.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

This should produce some lovely candidates for those entry level IT positions. This is why I don't even advertise having Security +.
        2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
        1990 GT Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by stang2be View Post
          This should produce some lovely candidates for those entry level IT positions. This is why I don't even advertise having Security +.
          There's nothing wrong with CompTIA and their certifications. If you actually know the material on the tests, then you're many steps ahead of those that think they know about computers because they can use Microsoft Office and browse the internet.

As far as the company this is being offered by, I can't vouch for them and I don't know if they are "certified training partners". My boss bought the Cisco groupon and said it had some good info in it, but he just wanted some light (cheap) training for personal knowledge growth, not taking the CCNA, CCNP, etc.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the CompTIA certs, that's correct. However, it's like going to the race track with a V6 Mustang. Nothing wrong with it, just no one cares.

You may even have a V6 that can beat a lot of V8s, some may care but not as many as just having a bad ass V8.

I still encourage CCNA first as it's the best bang for the buck out there. With all the different flavors, you can then get in the door and start specializing. I know vendor specific certs have a disadvantage, but I think newbs should be picky after they have gainful employment in the field. The Cisco certs are the quickest way there.

Of course, this all is in reference to Cisco type work.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              There is nothing wrong with the CompTIA certs, that's correct. However, it's like going to the race track with a V6 Mustang. Nothing wrong with it, just no one cares.

You may even have a V6 that can beat a lot of V8s, some may care but not as many as just having a bad ass V8.

I still encourage CCNA first as it's the best bang for the buck out there. With all the different flavors, you can then get in the door and start specializing. I know vendor specific certs have a disadvantage, but I think newbs should be picky after they have gainful employment in the field. The Cisco certs are the quickest way there.

Of course, this all is in reference to Cisco type work.
              I don't disagree with you, but generally the CompTIA certs are faster, easier, and they are a good jumping off point for someone to figure out whether or not they want to get into IT before they start spending big bucks on major certifications. Doesn't hurt to have them on your resume either.

Comment

Working...
              X