Mobile tech help (app)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile tech help (app)

Let me first explain what I am trying to do and why. I work as a Warranty Service Manager for a home builder. Each time a warranty call comes in, we get a warranty ticket that prints. The purpose of this is to document what is done to resolve the issue for future reference, get homeowner signature, as well as Sr. Management signature. We get 7 - 14 days to complete the calls. If they are completed within 7 days we get a bonus on the call. Our percentages are also figured on the number of calls completed within 7 days. I have run into a couple of issues with going past 7 days because some of the subdivisions I visit are in outlying areas in relation to my office, so I take care of those on my way home and turn them in the next day and try to go through the red tape to get them back dated since the work was completed within the 7 days, I just didn't get the form "faxed" in.

The way we process the calls once they are completed is as follows:

have home owner sign and date
    we print our name on the ticket and date
    then the SR. management in our area signs and dates

Once that is done, we scan and e-mail them to a designated e-mail address that automatically processes the calls. The processing software uses .tif images to process the calls (I haven't talked to internal tech support so I don't know if it can be set to accept different formats.

What I have proposed is that we come up with a mobile solution to resolve the calls that are coming up on the 7 day deadline without having to back track to the office and waste the fuel and time when I am 15 min from home and 45 min from the office. My Supervisor has a mobile app that allows him to sign .pdf documents. We ran a test today with a completed call. I took a picture from my phone of a call that needed his signature and sent it to him. He signed it electronically and sent it back to me. I have an android so I downloaded fast image viewer to convert the signed .pdf to .tif format to send to be completed. I had issues at first with the images not coming across correctly. I was getting images that looked like portions of oversized negatives. After messing with it, I finally got it to compress correctly and I had an image of the ticket that I could send in to be processed. Sent it over and then realized that it no longer had the Sr. supervisors signature. I got to digging and found that Fast Image Viewer (FIV) didn't recognized the signed image as one document. It split it into the original document on page 1 and the signature on page 2, so when I was converting to .tif, it only converted the unsigned first page.

Calls wont process correctly unless they have all of the signatures required on the form. They will initially come off of the warranty report if the SKU on top of the ticket reads correctly, however, they get kicked back eventually if the signatures aren't there.

What I am needing help with is finding a way to get FIV to recognize the signed .pdf as one complete file, or a better converter for my mobile that will do just that.

The end goal here is for me to be able to send an image to my Sr. supervisor, have him sign and return it. (I am assuming that this can only be done with a .pdf) Once returned I can convert it on my phone to .tif and attach it to an e-mail to be sent in for processing.

Any ideas or insight?
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

I'd start with sending the developer a message. If that is a no-go, then we can dig in a little more.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      I'd start with sending the developer a message. If that is a no-go, then we can dig in a little more.
      I didn't think about doing that. Just sent one to the developer of FIV. I will find out what signature program he is using and contact that developer as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

The developer of FIV returned my email. His program doesn't have a built in parser to merge the images. He has no intention for an update in the future that includes one. He offered to do a custom update for me, for a fee. I am sure if this were something they wanted to implement company wide and pay a developer to work on, they would have a program written that will do everything we need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Get your boss to start using this:

It may allow you to flatten the file yourself.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Or this if he's on iOS:

Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
            X