Dear Mother of GOD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Mother of GOD!

I just got a new computer that is finally fast enough to play with this stuff!

I purchased the alpha, and after playing aroun with it, I even made a small donation. These guys are on to something. The have made the one thing I find lacking in every racing/driving/ game I've ever played. REALISM!

check it out.

I'm running a 3ghz Core 2 Duo with 4gb of ram, win7 Home Prem 64bit, and a 1gb Nvidia GeForce 210. It will play....very laggy and slowly...but it will.
    My system is a bit out of date I think.

Comment

I just got mine a week ago, which means it will probably be relevant for a month. lol

Comment

Can you still drive the cars after they have crashed? If they were going to make it "real" they would have people in the cars splattering all over the place in these crashes!

Comment

Whats the main point of this? Like what do they plan on accomplishing with this Alpha?

Its very impressive, I'm just curious what the end goal is. It it simply look what we can do? Or are they raising capital for something down the line?

Comment

It's an engine that could be used for any kind of driving sim, or game. Imagine Grand theft auto where the cars act realistic. Right now they are working on a demo derby for the Beta.

Comment

Great physics engine. I'll be enjoying it on my Xbox One while y'all are doing it on your $1000+ PC.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                Great physics engine. I'll be enjoying it on my Xbox One while y'all are doing it on your $1000+ PC.
                bazinga....
                2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                  I just got a new computer that is finally fast enough to play with this stuff!
                  so what computer did you get?
                  sigpic

Comment

I bought the alpha a few days ago also, it's pretty realistic, but the traction is sucking on the rwd cars. I've been sticking to the fwd platforms because they don't drift off when you floor them.

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                      so what computer did you get?
                      My friend built it for me, I lost track of what is what after windows 3.1! lol
                      I do know I have 16gig of ram, an 8 core possessor, a solid state hard drive running my OS, and a terabyte hard drive for storage. He told me my video card is pretty nasty and if I wanted to buy another one I could run them "cross fire" and double my speed. But I don't really see the need. It's fast enough for me.
                      Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                      I also edit video, photos, and my wife works from home making money on my computer. I was more of an investment than a expenditure, one day of her working on it will cover the cost of the PC.

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                      I bought the alpha a few days ago also, it's pretty realistic, but the traction is sucking on the rwd cars. I've been sticking to the fwd platforms because they don't drift off when you floor them.
                      I use my Logitech G27 wheel I bought a few years ago, and all the cars work well. when your able to moderate your inputs it helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        My friend built it for me, I lost track of what is what after windows 3.1! lol
                        I do know I have 16gig of ram, an 8 core possessor, a solid state hard drive running my OS, and a terabyte hard drive for storage. He told me my video card is pretty nasty and if I wanted to buy another one I could run them "cross fire" and double my speed. But I don't really see the need. It's fast enough for me.

I also edit video, photos, and my wife works from home making money on my computer. I was more of an investment than a expenditure, one day of her working on it will cover the cost of the PC.

I use my Logitech G27 wheel I bought a few years ago, and all the cars work well. when your able to moderate your inputs it helps a lot.
                        I'm using the ps3 controller through motionjoy, and you absolutely have to be careful with throttle, lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X