X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Solid barg

Comment

Built a little htpc and put it in a cigar box. This thing is tiny! Does everything I want and I have less than $200 in it. Amazon Prime FTW.

Comment

That's too cool! Care to detail the specs and whatnot?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            That's too cool! Care to detail the specs and whatnot?
            Yes, please do.

Comment

ECS Elitegroup ECS NM70-TI Celeron 847 Thin Mini ITX DDR3 1333 BGA 1023 Motherboards NM70-TI (1.0)
              [ame]http://www.amazon.com/ECS-Elitegroup-NM70-TI-Motherboards-1-0/dp/B00CEGU3N2[/ame]

1.1Ghz Celeron dual core
              4G RAM
              32G mini SATA SSD (sits right on the motherboard, no cables!)

That is pretty much it. The board uses a laptop 19V input for power so there was no need to make room or buy a power supply. I mounted the board on some stand offs and there is a small hole in the back for a network cable, HDMI, and the power. It came with a tiny WIFI board, but I decided to just use a wired connection. So far it has played through a 2hr movie with the lid closed and it didn't feel that hot. We'll see how that works out. I put a couple of small momentary buttons on the side for the power and reset function.

Comment

I'd poke a few holes in the back at least, to get some air moving around in there. You never know.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                  Built a little htpc and put it in a cigar box. This thing is tiny! Does everything I want and I have less than $200 in it. Amazon Prime FTW.

Esplendidos are a classic Cuban Cohiba!
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Pretty cool on the box. My rig is:

Amd FX6300 @ 4.1ghz
                    8gb G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
                    Gigabtye GA-880GMA-USB3
                    Sapphire HD7850 1gb
                    FSP Aurum Gold 650W
                    Coolermaster hyper 212
                    Xigmatek Case
                    Acer 24" LED.

It's a good budget gaming system. Looking to upgrade to an I5 setup soon.

Comment

I need a new case, bad.

Comment

Squeezing every bit of life out of that 460, aren't you?
                        sigpic

Comment

It's not even a full fledged 460,its an SE model, the neutered version.

Comment

Water cooling gives me a headache just looking at it. That's one hobby I don't mind letting go.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Loool Why's that CJ?

Comment

Just a giant pain in the ass really, sinking tons of money into it and never ever getting a return. To be honest overclocking/water cooling, etc. was a lot more fun when I was a broke ass, trying to squeeze every last drop out of what I had. Now I just don't have the time to play with them - driver issues, lockups, searching for solutions to issues, etc.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X