Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

about to upgrade from Note 1, galaxy Mega?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about to upgrade from Note 1, galaxy Mega?

Anyone got one of these HUGE Galaxy Mega's? My note 1 GPS doesn't work and the battery is taking a dump at nearly 2 years old. Was considering the note 2 as my upgrade but that price tag is too high. The Mega is bigger still and only $149. I don't need major power for aps, just solid phone with internet access and GPS for directions. I don't mind how large it is as I am getting old and need big screen! LOL!

Anyone have one of these yet and have any pro's/con's? Reviews online seem 50/50.

Thanks!

Wait a month for the Note 3. The Mega is a bigger, slower S4. Slower Hardware, slightly larger battery (because of the larger screen) and that's it. Plus, if you get a Note 3, you can get the baller Samsung Gear smart-watch when it comes out, too

If the Note 3 is too expensive, then get an S4. Plenty big and much faster than a Mega.

Comment

Agreed. The mega is slow and will only get slower with the updated apps. The note 3 is going to be sweet and slightly larger.
      2014 GT
      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

hmm...wife has the note 2 and honestly, it's faster but I don't like some of the features...almost TOO techy for me. And I don't update....that is what ruins older phones when they try to take on more than they were designed for.

My note 1 is fast enough for what I need it for and that is with version 4.0.4 on it now. I have heard plenty of haters on the S4. Note 3 will likely be $300 or more since that is what they are STILL looking to get for a note 2.

I guess I am willing to short myself on the technology a bit to save $150 on the phone. Maybe when the Note 3 comes out the Mega will go to $100?

Thanks for the input but still looking for someone who has one.

Comment

Dude, don't get a Mega. What carrier are you on?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            Dude, don't get a Mega. What carrier are you on?
            att. I'm on a HUGE FAN and get deep discounts....better than the ATT employees!

Are they any other reasons to not get it than just "it's slow"?

Comment

My bro and his girl both have them and I have yet to hear any complaints. Yet being the keyword as he is a phone snob.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                Anyone got one of these HUGE Galaxy Mega's? My note 1 GPS doesn't work and the battery is taking a dump at nearly 2 years old. Was considering the note 2 as my upgrade but that price tag is too high. The Mega is bigger still and only $149. I don't need major power for aps, just solid phone with internet access and GPS for directions. I don't mind how large it is as I am getting old and need big screen! LOL!

Anyone have one of these yet and have any pro's/con's? Reviews online seem 50/50.

Thanks!
                Did you get yours from overseas? In the US, the Note 1 came out Feb 19, 2012. When I got my Galaxy Skyrocket on Feb 14th, the Note was on display, but wasn't out yet. Two weeks later, I went back and traded it in for the Note.

I've noticed my battery doesn't seem to hold up as long as it used to, but I reset the cache on it, so I may have messed up the power management settings that I was using.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                  Did you get yours from overseas? In the US, the Note 1 came out Feb 19, 2012. When I got my Galaxy Skyrocket on Feb 14th, the Note was on display, but wasn't out yet. Two weeks later, I went back and traded it in for the Note.

I've noticed my battery doesn't seem to hold up as long as it used to, but I reset the cache on it, so I may have messed up the power management settings that I was using.
                  nope but it was pretty close to the release date...like within 2 weeks or so. If the GPS didn't get messed up with the upgrade to 4.0.4, I wouldn't be complaining. I'd buy a new battery for $20 and rock on.

Comment

Don't get the mega...get the note 3.

I have the note 2, and want the 3..but I really don't see a point. I keep my note 2 in power save mode and it still does everything wicked fast.
                    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Working...
                    X