Uverse router question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uverse router question

I use Uverse for my internet connection at home and I think something is wrong with the router. It'll be running at speeds between 10-12mbps for days and then all of a sudden it will drop to like 1mbps and stay there until I disconnect it, let it sit for a minute and then plug it back in. There are days where I have to do that 2-3 times and then it'll go a week before it does it again. It seems like it's been happening more frequently over the last 30 days and it's starting to really piss me off when playing Xbox games online. It's password protected and I don't have any reason to believe someone is leeching off it.

Do y'all have any suggestions on something I can do to fix the problem with the router I have or do I just need to get a new router? If I need a new one, whats the best reasonably priced router that works well on Uverse?

Thanks.

Switch providers. AT&T dsl and Uverse suck donkey balls.

Comment

That's not an option at this point. Anyone else have any suggestions/advice?

Comment

No problems with At&t Uverse here...

Comment

I know that when I had a Wii using my bandwidth, I'd always have issues with the other devices on my network losing speed. As soon as I would unplug it, problem fixed. Perhaps you have something doing the same.

Comment

Which modem do you have, and do you have TV and internet or just internet?

Comment

I just have internet and it's the 2Wire 3800hgv-b

Comment

Ask them for new modem or open a service call. You could have a bridgetap on the pr. If they do see that they will send one of us out to remove it. They can cause issues on the lines.

Comment

its the freaking gay ass brick that they send with it, the useless upc if it doesn't get full power it start throttling it down. had to replace it 4 times already everytime I call they say they want me to rma it to some company that wont pick up the phone.
                  Everytime I tell them to cancel the service they send me a new brick. I have 4 broken ones sitting around if you want to try them out.

Comment

if you had a self install on the internet only uverse 9 times out of 10 it the wiring inside the home that causes the drop in bandwidth. I deal with these on daily basis, the wire inside if it is not a Homerun then there is a bridgetap on the inside wiring. If it is the wire then the it is billable to have the service tech repair the inside wire. I work these to the serving terminal and up to the SNI/NID on the outside of the home. I have seen 50+ megs at the side of the house and then connect the inside wire it goes down to under 20meg max rate.

Comment

After multiple issues with the current gen modem, I requested the previous gen. They sent one out almost 2 years ago and I haven't had a problem since.

Comment

I may have figured out one of the issues. My kids play games on Steam and Gary's Mod on their PC. I checked to see whether they had closed them when they got off the PC and Steam was still open. I closed it and then restarted the PC and all of a sudden the problem got better. I'm not convinced that's entirely the cause of the issue, but it sure made a difference last night.

I don't know much about Steam games and Gary's Mod. What is it that would suck that much bandwidth and/or cause such huge fluxuations in our other devices' connections? Is there anything I can do to reduce them when my boys are playing?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X