GS3 battery problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS3 battery problem

My wife and I have gs3's. They have been great suddenly her phone dies within an hour or two after a full charge. I swapped batteries with hers. Her battery works fine in mine and hers still dies. It does not happen every charge but most of the time it drains way to fast. On her battery indicator screen it shows screen up above 30% every time. I know apps can "loop" and cause an error but what can do you about screen usage being up that high? Her energy saver mode is on, time out is like 15 seconds and works every time. any thoughts.

One thing I would check is go into Settings > Accounts > Google and see if anything is trying to sync and failing. I'm not sure why my phone has this problem but it won't sych with the browser so it keeps trying and trying and kills my battery after a couple of hours. I simply unchecked it and it worked fine after that. If that doesn't turn up anything, you might try downloading CPU Spy (I think that's what it's called) and see if you can figure out if anything is running that shouldn't be. I posted a link to an article on XDA Forums that details some of the troubleshooting for battery issues. I'll see if I can find it and post it on this thread later.

Comment

1 Make sure the screen brightness isn't maxed out. 2 Install Watch Dog and see some app is running wild in the background.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Watch Dog? I'll have to check that out. That CPU Spy app is sorta cryptic figuring out things.

Comment

Watch Dog is awesome! I just installed it and was checking out out. Found a couple of mildly hog-ish apps. Thanks Bryan!
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

More than likely in the applications running you will see the gallery running in the background. I have experienced this on my GS3. I have also read others say that it is caused by your phone trying to sync with picasa, if you don't have a picasa acct then it will continually try to sync causing your gallery to stay open. TBH idk how I fixed mine, it eventually just stopped. Worth it to look into though, hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
              Watch Dog is awesome! I just installed it and was checking out out. Found a couple of mildly hog-ish apps. Thanks Bryan!
              If they're goin crazy, but the paid version so you can blacklist therm it'll auto kill them at the threshold you define.

Comment

Sorta off topic here but it sounds like Watch Dog is a better app for finding battery killing processes than CPU Spy or is that still relevant and just another tool?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                  Sorta off topic here but it sounds like Watch Dog is a better app for finding battery killing processes than CPU Spy or is that still relevant and just another tool?
                  Cpu Spy is to see what state(s)/clock speed the Cpu has been running in. If you're not interacting w/your device much, yet experiencing massive battery drain-no deep sleep state, then we'll need to check for what app is causing wake locks.

Comment

Thanks! That makes more sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      Thanks! That makes more sense to me.
                      Here's a better explanation...

Comment

It appears it was a gmail sync error. I knew you smart mofo's would come through! Got watchdog also though, great app.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
                          It appears it was a gmail sync error. I knew you smart mofo's would come through! Got watchdog also though, great app.
                          Betta the redneckognize.

Comment

Comment

Looooool

Comment

Working...
                              X