Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best BlueRay player - except the PS3/4

Hi fellas,

As the title says, I'm looking for recommendations on the best BlueRay player. I sold my PS3 last month and I need a replacement player. I'm looking for the following features:

1080p output (4k support optional)
    Required Online apps: Netflix, Youtube, Pandora, Amazon Prime,
    An HTML 5 web browser would be nice but not required. (for Aereo access)
    DLNA support would be nice but not required

I'm eventually going to get an XBox One or PS4. At that time this device will just be moved to another room but I still need something to watch stuff online and play blueray disks..

Will consider device combos if ya'll have suggestions- (ex: BlueRay player + Apple TV) but would rather keep this as one device.

They only two I have heard that will support true 4k(HDMI 2.0) is the xbone and ps4 fyi.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
      They only two I have heard that will support true 4k(HDMI 2.0) is the xbone and ps4 fyi.
      There is a Sony bluray player besides the PS4 that will play 4k Blurays right now. But I think its around 700 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
        There is a Sony bluray player besides the PS4 that will play 4k Blurays right now. But I think its around 700 bucks.
        A blue ray player or their media server?
        "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Comment

A blue ray player or their media server?
          http://store.sony.com/p/4K-Media-Server/en/p/FMPX1
          yeah that's what I was thinking of

Comment

Samsung BDT330 + Roku 3 . The 330 is a 3D and 4K player. Excellent player and the Roku has a ridiculous amount of content.

Comment

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/OPPO-BDP-103-Universal-DVD-Audio-Blu-ray/dp/B009LRR5AQ%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAJ7VMODKUTIUWFY2Q %26tag%3Davsforum00-pro-mct-li-t-d-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165 953%26creativeASIN%3DB009LRR5AQ"]OPPO BDP-103[/ame]

If you read the hardcore theater buffs, this IS the best player on the market period.

It doesn't have HDMI 2.0 and not sure if it is upgradable.

Comment

If you read the hardcore theater buffs, this IS the best player on the market period.

It doesn't have HDMI 2.0 and not sure if it is upgradable.
                It is a good player, but also has a lot of playback issues on certain Bluray discs. Probably a 1/4 of Ralph Potts reviews on avsforum he mentions a glitch in playback. That's why his back up Blu-ray player is a Panasonic BDT310

Comment

Love my Sony BDP-S590

Comment

Buy a used PS3. That system will be supported for at least another 3-4 years and probably longer.

By the way 4k and 8k, while amazing, are pretty much useless unless you're super close to a giant TV.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                      Buy a used PS3. That system will be supported for at least another 3-4 years and probably longer.

By the way 4k and 8k, while amazing, are pretty much useless unless you're super close to a giant TV.
                      Sitting 10' away from a 60" 1080P tv to a 60" 4k tv is a massive difference in quality IMO.

With that said I'm about to buy an 80" Vizio M series, but I sit about 17' away, so I hope it will satisfy me for two-three years as the larger 80"+ 4k's come down in price.

Comment

Sitting 10' away from a 60" 1080P tv to a 60" 4k tv is a massive difference in quality IMO.

With that said I'm about to buy an 80" Vizio M series, but I sit about 17' away, so I hope it will satisfy me for two-three years as the larger 80"+ 4k's come down in price.
                        I have a weird feeling that sitting 10' away from a 5' screen might be a little tough on the eyes. Also, that would be as I said, super close to a giant TV.

Comment

I sit 14ft from my 130" screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                            I sit 14ft from my 130" screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                            Projection I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                              Projection I assume?
                              on a silk screen, hung from a gold and diamond encrusted true marble roof.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X