Mac - Open Office VS MS Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac - Open Office VS MS Office

I run several Windows machines and several Macs at work and home. I spend most of my days in spread sheets so I'm comfortable with, and like Excel. I use Open Office on my Macs and I don't really have any problems with it but I've been thinking of purchasing MS Office for my Macs just to make things more streamlined and less of a pita for the other folks in my office.

Will those of you that have used both products chime in, please?
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

I use office for Mac and have no problems. They offer a student discount if you have a student email.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
      I use office for Mac and have no problems. They offer a student discount if you have a student email.
      I was aware of the discount but unfortunately wouldn't be able to use it. While I don't mind paying for software, the MS Office option seems somewhat unreasonable concidering Open Office is free. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something here...
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

We use open office at work. Not a fan of it. MS Office is much better. Corp uses ms office, and they make the field personally use open office. There is always some sort of compatibility issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Only reason I would use Office for Mac would be for Outlook; which I don't believe comes with the Student Edition. Hard to beat Open Office, especially considering the price

Comment

Personal use: Pirated MS Office

Business use: Purchased MS Office

It's a no brainer.
            sigpic

Comment

Buy Office for Mac. /thread

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
                I run several Windows machines and several Macs at work and home. I spend most of my days in spread sheets so I'm comfortable with, and like Excel. I use Open Office on my Macs and I don't really have any problems with it but I've been thinking of purchasing MS Office for my Macs just to make things more streamlined and less of a pita for the other folks in my office.

Will those of you that have used both products chime in, please?
                Depending on who you work for, you might get an employee discount with Microsoft office. Wouldn't hurt to check. My wife works for a company that gets a substantial discount on Microsoft software. I'm talking 15 dollars for full blown Windows 7/8 professional, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X