Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gt6

came out today (ps3).

been playing for a good chunk of the day & having a blast. the game is very well done. i wasn't a big fan of gt5. in this the menus/garage/races/licenses all much better organized. the racing is much better. one of the kart races was at an indoor track with crazy lighting so i played it like 5 times in a row.

if you are on the fence about getting it since the next gen consoles are out, you outta look into it.

also, buy a wheel!
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

they actually released a gt series game on time? with the launch of a new console?

You sir are a fucking liar.

Edit: I noticed it was for ps3. I retract my prior statement.

Comment

lol nope. it's not even on ps4.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Do the cars still sound bad?

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
          Do the cars still sound bad?
          Would like to know this as well.

Comment

it really depends on what view you play in which dictates the sound...not to mention the car and it's exhaust setup.

views:
            low mounted front bumper view has little to no real sound.

in cockpit view kinda does sound like being in car should with it being a bit muffled, mostly engine noise.

roof mounted high camera view sounds a lot like engine bonnet sounds.

full car camera view offers the best car sound which mostly exhaust sound.

that being said, the sound isn't anything great in GT and never has. i would have to go back to gt5 to test to see if it has improved but i never played that game enough to notice one way or an other.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Forza is still way better. Cars sound amazing on there.
              GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

i wont comment on forza since i don't have a wheel that will works on xbox so my only experiences are with a controller. i have it, i dont play it. but im pretty impartial, i have gt5 and i dont play it.

as far as GT6, some cars sound pretty good. here is a short clip of an old school GT40 with exhaust. it was recorded with a phone so it definitely sounds better in person. might need to open in youtube and change to 720p to get best quality:
                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe8yM04hF1w[/ame]

the clip is from the replay after the race but the audio/video from each of the views (other than flying external camera) are the exact same as game play.

i didnt really care for gt5 that much so i dont remember it enough to say if it sounds better. you can form your own opinion on that.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

What kind of steering wheel do you have? I have always used controller, but man, when it comes to racing against people online, it's almost useless using a controller.

Comment

For now just a logitech driving force gt but im considering buying a fanatec setup for much more $. Only thing that stops me is owning a whole seat and crap. Thats a lot of room for something ill be storing most of the time.

You would be surprised, some people are amazing at car games with a controller. Im not one of them but i do like to race with no assists and try and learn the track and race cleanly. I typically prefer the lower powered cars in the novice/b/a groups and like to dial them into a certain track.
                    Last edited by momo; 12-08-2013, 10:28 PM.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                    X