No announcement yet.

iPhone 3GS Jailbreak for 4.2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's an app (or whatever it's called) in Cydia that lets you change the "reported" SW Ver from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 so Netflix will load and run. I forget the name. While Apple was sorting out all the problems with 4.0, I jailbroke my 3.1.2 iPod Touch and used that to view Netflix.
    - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
    1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
      There's an app (or whatever it's called) in Cydia that lets you change the "reported" SW Ver from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 so Netflix will load and run. I forget the name. While Apple was sorting out all the problems with 4.0, I jailbroke my 3.1.2 iPod Touch and used that to view Netflix.

awesome..gonna search for it
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
        the link that i put in post #3 should work great for you...it has the links to download the software as well as the ipsw file and the step by step instructions on how to jailbreak. it's a fairly quick and simple process.
        Thanks Brad!

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post

Found it...hell yea..just downloaded netflix.

it's called "firmware 3.1.3 app" had to add "c1ny.myrepospace.com" source

Comment

Originally posted by bitter jose View Post
            Thanks Brad!
            no problem at all...did you get it done?

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
              no problem at all...did you get it done?
              Unfortunately not, haven't been home much with work and seeing my dad in the hospital. Maybe this weekend, I'll post up.

Comment

Working...
              X