Looking for a utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a utility

I need a utility that can accurately identify all of the hardware in the computer. Manufacturer, model, etc. Does anyone here have something like that in their arsenal? I have a buddy's laptop I'm trying to help him with and it's almost completely generic. I want to update his drivers and I'm having issues figuring out what kind of equipment it has in it.

Thanks in advance for anything you might have.

If it's functioning, go to pcpitstop.com/betapit and run the test. It'll tell you the hardware in detail.

I've used this for drivers in the past, but prefer the ones from pcmatic. http://m.download.cnet.com/SlimDrive...-75279940.html

Comment

You don't need a 3rd party program for that in a Windows environment. Every bit of that info you're looking for can be found in Performance Information and Tools under the view advanced system details in system information tab.

Comment

If you you're looking for drivers, 3dp Chip and 3dp Net are wonderful utilities.
        Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

speccy
          Speccy - find the details of your computer's specs. Great for spotting issues or finding compatible upgrades. Download the latest version today.

Comment

Working...
          X