Att to block file sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Att to block file sharing

AT&T has filed a new patent which can monitor network activity (on its own network) for users using file sharing sites or running file sharing ... Read more...

AT&T has filed a new patent which can monitor network activity (on its own network) for users using file sharing sites or running file sharing sites. AT&T will then “grade” users in what they call “risk classes” and will then be able to block those sites from the user. There is no word on weather this tech will be used by AT&T just yet. While we understand the need to stop file sharing of copyright protected materials where does this type of monitoring and blocking leave those people that use file sharing for “legal” purposes. What happens to open source developers who regularly share code and other elements through file sharing sites? There are many questions that AT&T will have to answer and if they can’t you can expect the community to be vocal about this. Hit the link below for source and the filed patent.

People will get around this, too.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Yes, most likely but it's just another thing someone else controls in our lives....our may control...or wants to control...etc
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Suck on my VPN

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
          Suck on my VPN
          Some use a seedbox too for various purposes. However, it still boils down to an IP end point. I might be over doing it on the conclusion side, but opinion is that these things are a path to blocking/limiting data to even IP addresses/hosts that they do not like from their perspective.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Sharing is Caring
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
            X