Playstation Phone unveiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playstation Phone unveiled

Oh yes. After all the unbearable teasing since we unveiled the first ever photos of the PlayStation Phone, we've finally managed to get hold of the real deal for an in-depth preview. Honestly, we couldn't wait any longer with this thing floating around in China; we'd otherwise have to wait until MWC, where we expect the phone to be launched as the "Xperia Play" (and we shall refer to this name henceforth). Before you pop the cork for us, do bear in mind that what we're seeing here is subject to changes, so don't be alarmed by any missing features or exposed cables in our preview. When you're ready, head right past the break to find out what Sony Ericsson's cooking up. %Gallery-115003%

Cliffnotes:Fairly powerful machine, 4" screen, Android software, bravia powered LCD screen, good call quality, decent battery life, built in PSPGo, and can run emulators.

Negative things include game controller could take some getting used to, flimsy battery cover that scratches easily, prototype didn't have working wi-fi(shouldn't be an issue for production model)
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

That's crazy! I can't believe how fast technology moves. If that makes production it will be the talk of the town amongst the young generation.
    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

I keep thinking Nokia Engage but I would probably pick one of these up.

Comment

I'd rather have a new gen psp, has a fucking quad core processor.

Comment

What service would you be using?

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
            I saw that. Basically a portable PS3. Fucking insane. Just imagine how shitty the battery life will be though. It'll be worse than game gear eating through double A's.

I said that I have no need for a smart phone, but a PS phone would be pretty cool. I'll probably wait a while after it comes out though to see if there are any longer term issues.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
              It'll be worse than game gear eating through double A's.
              Oh wow, I thought I was the only one!!

Bought it a rainy afternoon and got a whole 15 minutes out of a game before it died!

Wasn't it awesome though?

Comment

I fucking rocked the shit out of the game gear...whenever a light socket was nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                  I saw that too, pretty cool! Only part I didnt like is having to tickle the back of the psp to play a game. I dont understand why everyone is trying to get away from the traditional controller, IMO if they would just put a decent stick on the psp like a dual shock controller has then that would be perfect.

Comment

Working...
                  X