Strange GS3 battery issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange GS3 battery issue...

My wife and i both have GS# bought at the same time a year or so ago. Her phone is to the point that She has to charge it three times a day, mine will still have 40%+ battery at night. She is not on her phone that much during the day, she is a therapist and can not be. We have uninstalled so many apps, she reboots it daily, and clears memory caches' two or three times a day. We have tried app watch programs, nothing seems to be weird or working too much. We can switch batteries and it does the same thing, hers works the same on mine and then mine dies in her phone...it has to be some sort of software issue i would assume?

Try this first because it sounds like it's never going into deep sleep(some app is sending a wake lock). Dl Cpu Spy and Wakelock Detector, check Cpu Spy at the point of needing a recharge, if it shows no Deep Sleep state on cpu frequency, check Wakelock Detector to see what app is causing it.

Comment

Ya sounds like some sort of Wakelock happening. A quick thing to check without doing what Tx Redneck suggested first is to bring up the Battery in Settings and see what's using it the most as a quick test.

Comment

Her %'s on the battery are the same as mine across the board. Screen tops list

Comment

Better run the other tests than.

Comment

Here are screen shots of all that whenever it beeped to charge.
            On wakelock i went through and changed display options to see everything.

Comment

That font hurts my brain.

Comment

TX, did that tell you anything?

Comment

Ok, uninstall Watchdog, disable Samsung Push Service(if possible) reboot and check those very same stats at recharge time again.

If you notice in both apps, it's rarely going into deep sleep.

Comment

Ok will do. What is push service? Is that not what checks emails etc? Also where do you disable that? can not find

Comment

I think one of the things is checks email through the stock email app. It should be under Settings > Accounts I would think.

Comment

It's a service for Samsung apps. If it can be disabled, it'll from within Settungs/Apps

Comment

Working...
                        X